Background Image

warhammer lore debate thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Vulpas, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Whitefox550 Whitefox550 Well-Known Member

I have honestly never questioned what it takes to be classified as a xenos threat by the Imperium, and what makes you stock. My guess (much like a simplified form of Gobmaw's theory) is that if it can hold a rock (like the early Tau), kill it. Otherwise it counts as food/pet/wild life.

It's not just that the Dark Angels are team-killers as above, but the Fallen are a secretive group themselves (probably because of their team killing family). They don't broadcast themselves as Dark Angel heretics from the Horus Heresy. Even if they did, the only people who get really upset about it are the Dark Angels. There have been so many renegade chapters of all gene-seed variety that seeing a traitor Dark Angel isn't some revelation for the Inquisition. Not to mention the Fallen fear the Inner Circle more than the Inquisition, so if captured probably lie and say they belong to a later founding chapter. The Inquisition aren't actively looking for the Fallen among the heretics, the Dark Angels are.
  2. They did actually go into this in passing in I Am Slaughter of the Beast series. Whether a xenos species is hostile or its level of intelligence is of less importance than if it has the technological capacity to be a threat to the Imperium. The Chromes were classified as a minor threat, not having interstellar capabilities and were thus largely ignored both during and after the crusade. After they were found on multiple planets they were non native to they were marked for extermination. So it seems to be their interplanetary capacity that is the deciding factor, for Death Worlds and stuff have plenty of hostile xenos that are a huge danger to the planets population, but dince they are limited to a single planet large scale military action is not sent to deal with them, leaving it the problem of the local PDF.
    Whitefox550 likes this.
  3. Necroncryptek Virgillo Subordinate

Are any of my fellow Necron Kin lurking around here?
  4. Kaptin Primorkagorka DaKaptin Well-Known Member

Oi! Do ya think orkz can repurpose necron living metal with da WAAAGH!!! field?
  5. Necroncryptek Virgillo Subordinate

You fucking Ork. You have no strategy and you always fuck up ours. In the Necrons opinion, you will have to be annihilated.
    DaKaptin likes this.
  6. Whitefox550 Whitefox550 Well-Known Member

Things I have seen orks ask about looting:
    Eldar tech/wraithbone constructs
    Tyranid organisms/bio-tech
    Necron tech/necrodermis
    Chaos corrupted gear
    Tau tech

I've always thought that the ork psychic field emulated technology as they saw it, not subverted it to the ork's desire. But I'm quite happy to let the orks do what they want, so if they steal all of the above, I won't fight it.
    DaKaptin likes this.
  7. Tiberius Brad83 Subordinate

A bunch of orks in necron gear is not a happy thought, they would be absolutely deadly. Nope not liken that thought
    DaKaptin likes this.
  8. Phantomhearts Phant Subordinate

Because of the way that orks work i don't think necron gear could be converted into an Orky counterpart largely due to it not being shooty or loud enough.
    DaKaptin and Vulpas like this.
  9. Tiberius Brad83 Subordinate

Can orks be corrupted by chaos understandably not tezeetch but possibly khorne or the others maybe.
    I know khorne has a bunch of them in his relm fighting then being resurrected and fighting but never come across an actual ork fighting for chaos. Just intrigued
  10. Gromnig Segersgia Subordinate

I think they can't be corrupted. They can however be mutated by the chaos gods, but they will either don't care about the mutations or the non-mutated will beat out the mutated ones.

There are also some that will take a liking to the certain ideas of the chaos gods. Some Stormboys like the ideas of the way Khornates slaughter their enemies and will try to follow in their footsteps.