Background Image

Warhammer Fantasy RP - OOC\interest thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Colapse, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Colapse Colapse Forum Beta Tester

Hi guys,

So this was my secret pet project for quite a long time. I'm a big fan of Warhammer Fantasy setting and fantasy overall I guess, and I wanted to write something about that for quite a while now. I'm safe to say - failures in other RPs I tried to GM have taught me a lot and showed me where I did mistakes, the biggest one of them being going back on my own advice I gave to a fellow GM once - since this is not a job, you do have to write about something you like, and I was bored of doing 40k and the overall grimdark theme was perhaps too much for me. So I decided to go back to the roots and pull out a proper Warhammer Fantasy RP, which I think will give an added bit of diversity on our forum as it continues to develop :)

This is what I had in mind:

- We'll start in the Empire, similarly like @DeranVendar "Dogs of War" started, by getting the party up in a tavern. The composition and the structure of the party will be the same which means I'd allow for multitude of different characters.
    - Your employer will this time be a bit of a shady character, perhaps somewhat different in personality than the chars I usually do.
    - However instead of just simply mercenary work, I thought about a series of adventures\quests in order to gather\find\steal a number of ancient relics for some nefarious endgame goal. We'll start in the Empire, but might travel to different parts of the world depending on the mission. I also won't do traveling that much realistically, such as spending days on the road, I'll probably do it similarly like when we do traveling intermission part on the ships in classic 40k rps.
    - Fighting will be done more in a narrative way because it's easier for me to pull it out and I think it fits the setting better.
    - Despite being a wardogs-esque RP, I wanted to make it more like a Treasure Hunters RP, like an Indiana Jones party guys while still keeping and using dangerous parts of the Warhammer setting and lore.
    - We would also have a base of our own where we will spend intermission phases and chill, for a start think of a (smaller) fortress in Neverwinter Nights 2 or something like that with the option of building it if we want or even moving out when better situation occurs.
    - The timeline in which the RP will take place will be before the Storm of Chaos.

As for characters, I'd allow anything except Chaos, Tomb Kings and Vampires since they really can't work with others. Other dudes can be added up and since this is in its root a "Dogs of War" scenario, all races are welcomed. I would keep them a bit toned down so we can give them proper rewards after the missions but I leave that to you. Important thing to remember in Warhammer Fantasy is that there are units considered as elite, however since its a fantasy setting they can also be quite new to their calling - for instance Dark Elf Blackguard is considered an elite but if you want to play him you can make him a fresh and a young one, getting the experience as he fights\does RP. Same thing could be said for a Dwarf Slayer - if you want to play him you should make him a new one, who only just started walking down the slayer path so he gets more exp as the RP progresses.

In any case, you can pretty much expect my usual stuff when it comes to doing the RP, with a lesser focus on combat this time around (similarly like I did in RoB). I'll post a char sheet below but as usual, if you have any questions about the equipment, roles or general lore, feel free to ask :)

Character sheet:

Player name:
    Character name:
    Race:
    Role\Class:
    Equipment:
    Appearance\History (Optional):

I'm not sure how many people on this forum are WHF fans, so I'll tag a number of you guys - ofc, if you are not interested no worries! Also, if I forgot to tag you, I apologize, it doesn't mean I don't want you in here! Note here: guys who played Dogs of War can use their characters again.

@Grall_Stonefist @Maleth @Casavay @BadDo9 @DeranVendar @FlashyGit @Draconion @Vulpas @lord-watchman @Keidivh @matt23 @Uriel1339 @Jorimel @High_Adept_Zeth @DaKaptin @PorOborosCain @Valonox @Avenging-Angel

- Rules and bits: https://forum.eternalcrusade.com/th...oc-interest-thread.52570/page-17#post-1039647

Mission#1 Characters: https://forum.eternalcrusade.com/th...oc-interest-thread.52570/page-17#post-1039651
    Mission#2 Characters: https://forum.eternalcrusade.com/th...oc-interest-thread.52570/page-48#post-1077221
    Mission#3 Characters: https://forum.eternalcrusade.com/th...oc-interest-thread.52570/page-61#post-1120741
    Mission#4 Characters: https://forum.eternalcrusade.com/th...oc-interest-thread.52570/page-87#post-1349886
    DaKaptin, Casavay, Uriel1339 and 4 others like this.
  2. @Colapse

Well, you still owe me a reply... :p

But I don't really know WHF. I'd be happy to join in, if you want. I have a concept, I just don't know what race...

I'd like to be a somewhat jack-of-trades. Either a guy who wields a bow and has two swords, or a guy who carries, like, seven swords of different types. The latter is pretty unrealistic, and the former isn't anything new...

Assistance please?
    Colapse likes this.
  3. Colapse Colapse Forum Beta Tester

Will write it down later bro, don't worry bout it :)

So hmmmm, you wish for a guy who's both good in melee and in ranged combat, or at least fairly capable. This should be it http://whfb.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Warriors

Or perhaps this http://whfb.wikia.com/wiki/Waywatchers or any other of the Wood Elf host, although I'm not that much familiar with their lore to give you exact advice.
    BadDo9 likes this.
  4. Character sheet:

Player name: Grall Stonefist
    Character name: Tugg brewgror
    Race: Ogre
    Role\Class: Butcher/Brewster
    Equipment: cleaver, reinforced cask, varius "small" tools and canisters for brewing and working with ingredients.
    A cauldron he uses as back pack and to do his majiks.
    History: Like all butchers, as soon as he as a "small" child showing magick affinity was taken to be trained by other butchers and slaughtermasters, where the training mostly consisted of eating alot of different things and learning gut magick. though after an incident at a great feast, Tugg realized that even if normal food was great, he cared alot more about drinking, and given he already had the freedom of being a butcher, Tugg decided to travel the world, finding the greatest ingredients and brewing methods.
    Appearance: pretty much this :p
    [​IMG]
    BadDo9 and Colapse like this.
  5. Vanestus Vanestus Subordinate

@Colapse

Would you accept a magic using character?
    Colapse likes this.
  6. Keidivh Keidivh Well-Known Member

This is awesome, I love the Fantasy lore! Would a warrior priest fit into the group?

@Colapse
    Colapse likes this.
  7. Colapse Colapse Forum Beta Tester

I most definitely would (actually, we are probably going to have at least one - a Dark Elf Sorceress atm played by one of other guys). What did you have in mind? :)
    Vanestus likes this.
  8. Player name: @BadDo9
    Character Name: Yanta'i Svvar
    Race: Wood Elf
    Role\Class: Wayfinder
    Equipment: War Bow (and arrows, obviously) ; Dual Longwords ; Forest Cloak ; Light Leather Hunting Armor ; Wilderness Survival Items (Skinning Knife, Flint and Steel, Etc.) ; Wolf Companion Named Talsin
    Appearance\History: Fuuu, you know I like to develop history in-RP :/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Maleth and Colapse like this.
  9. Colapse Colapse Forum Beta Tester

Yes he would! :D

Just one thing to keep in mind which is not aimed at you personally but every player - we will break a lore a bit since our group will have lots of different chars. This means that it's cool to banter around, but I won't allow that people simply start attacking each other only coz of their race! So a Dark Elf and a High Elf will kinda hate each other, but they shouldn't start PVPing just because they are those two races, I hope you get what I mean by it :D
  10. @Colapse

Whatever you want. I gots me a wolf. I'm happy. :D
    Colapse likes this.