Background Image

Warhammer 40k Memes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Lord-Templar, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Ravion LordRavion Subordinate

What heresy did thine just beset upon my eyes.
  2. Johnsmith13 Johnsmith12 Subordinate

1385307089189_zps0828cfcf.jpg
    Stahl likes this.
  3. Ravion LordRavion Subordinate

I feel as though I missed something
  4. Johnsmith13 Johnsmith12 Subordinate

its just like the video says. Its just endless spam of desu in 4:17's. I think there are worse ones out there because i remember seeing a 10 minute version of this. There are stuff like this just for driving people insane. No context,no meaning in them whatsoever.
  5. JudgeBane JudgeBane Subordinate

Sorry if these have been posted, I didn't go through all 30 pages.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. GraciousEel761 Forum Beta Tester

Just the Presidents.
  7. Gorbatz Gorbatz Subordinate

I didn't bring up Aliens at all, so I don't know where you're coming from with that one. But the reason Tyranids are Mary Sue is just their scale. Realistically, a species couldn't function in a way the Tyranids do, they would consume all their food sources and then starve or eat each other to death, since the evolutionary path required for space travel is so intricate that no organic species would realistically be able to evolve down that path before they became extinct.
    There's also the simple fact that there's no actual way to control a swarm spread over a galaxy, or even across multiple, near by solar systems. The lag between communications would eventually be too great and swarms would all just splinter off or die without their required direction.

The Aliens in Starship Troopers are also pretty mary sue, but Starship Troopers is a story built on satire and impossibilities just like Wahammer is, and thus the aliens there work within their own universe just like the Tyranids do.

Supposedly, the reason Starcraft resembles Warhammer so much is that it was originally going to actually be a warhammer game, but GW pulled the plug when Blizzard was too far into development to back out so they changed the assets and story into something that wouldn't get them sued.
    IdranelLives likes this.
  8. GraciousEel761 Forum Beta Tester

Are you sure about that? Do you have any sources?
  9. Gorbatz Gorbatz Subordinate

*facepalm*

There's supposed to be a 'supposedly' at the front of that, my bad.

That's been the hearsay around the internet for years. I'll look into it more later and see if I can't find anything official. At the same time, Space Marines and Tyranid/Zerg type aliens weren't anything new to Sci-Fi even when GW did them, so I wouldn't personally be surprised if it's just coincidence.
  10. So'Kiel So-Kiel Well-Known Member

Don't forget that Evolution is a very vague term in Warhammer 40K universe, full of real gods and even greater inconceivable entities, with many races being artificially created, at least partially.