Background Image

Warcraft 40,000?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by TricorneUnicorn, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Hey, do any of you guys have some idea of how a Warcraft 40,000 (Pretty much World of Warcraft 40,000 years in the future, for those who can't fathom what I mean) would be like?

I sadly can't contribute much, as my knowledge of the Warcraft universe is superbly minimal compared to other fandoms. The only things I know are the basics (Undead are undead-y, Night Elves & Blood Elves are Elf-y, Humans are zealous jerks, and YOU FACE JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!!!!! But that's about it.), so that kind of says something, I guess.
  2. All the witchcraft going on on planet WoW rends a hole on reality, as the warp spills out all is subsumed by chaos.

Yeah, I know very little about Warcrafy.
    Tjeknalis likes this.
  3. Originally, warcraft and startcrft was gonna be warhammer games until GW pulled the plug, this was back when they where super duber carefull about their ip.
  4. Domilyus Schlifer Prefectus

5. Yes.
    It's called StarCraft!

I'm guessing you've not heard, except for @Grall_Stonefist's post.
    Years ago GW teamed up with a games company to create both a Warhammer game and a 40K game. But something happened and the deal fell through.
    That game company was Blizzard, and they took the work and development they'd done for the Warhammer game and turned it into Warcraft. The stuff they'd done for the 40K game became StarCraft.

Enjoy!
    ZceeNook, Tjeknalis, Fenrir22 and 3 others like this.
  6. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Do i detect a "wrath baby" Horde fanboy here?!
  7. Loadza Dakka Skull_Splitta Well-Known Member

Which is painfully ironic because WarCraft and StarCraft were very successful games, and now GW is handing out the license like candy on Halloween.

Anyways, I'd much rather have a WarCraft 4 first, we can worry about the 41st millennium later.
    Murtag and Galen like this.
  8. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

it's only an urban legend, blizzard simply stolen some element of the war ip.

to be more clear: during that years videogame with GW license already existed and was good games:

warcraft 1 orc & humans is from the 1994.
    [​IMG]

Starcraft (1998) was not even planned during that time: starcraft one came after warcraft 2.

at the time blizzard was a small company (at the time of warcraft 1).

in the 1995 was release a warhammer fantasy game: Shadow of the Horned Rat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    instead in the war 40k side there was: space crusade the videogame (1992)- space hulk(1993) Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels (1995)

So gw in that year never negate people their ip for make videogame during these years.
  9. But what about my version of that history?
    It fits better with the actual timeline.
  10. DeathPunch XDeathPunch Subordinate

I know this is the Off topic section but please Let us not compare the great and mighty and best in the world Universe warhammer40k with the world of warcraft like Please, it realy makes me sad, only the fact that Blizzard created for example Starcraft and stole most of the races like the Protoxx and Tyranids from GW it was all stolen nothing they did was real they just changed the Units maked it more funny and some random shit came out.

EDIT: And with all Honesty Blizzard has stolen most Ideas from GW to make Blizzard and warcraft alike, but still they at least are very Popular now and make a shitton of money while GW just gives Licenses to everyone it's realy sad how such a big and rich Universe is falling to nothing,Hopefully EC will be the big Hit so it draws the Atention of other companys to continue and make the Dawn of war Series, no offence BeHavior i like MMOs aswell but RTS is where my Love Hides.