Background Image

Waiting times for Eldar matchs?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Redjacc, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Bigbitz Ironangel2k3 Steam Early Access

LSM make up like half the playerbase and they exclusively queue up against CSM.

Draw your own conclusions as to why.
    Deathwish likes this.
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Does anyone here actually believe the queue problems come from a lack of opponents?
    There will never be enough queue-dodging for this to become a problem.

It does bring up an interesting question tho:
    We know new players aren't going to que-dodge and the diehard veterans probably neither.
    But mediocre and experienced players avoiding the fight against Eldar could totally be one of the reasons why Eldar have been becoming so much more successful.
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  3. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

As far as i am aware even die hards avoid it unless they are running stacks, only new players or those who just don't care/dont have any other choice (orks) seem to be playing aginst eldar. I have seen entire teams doge que when against eldar (especially when against stacks). Example two days ago there were 50+ orks on and a bit above 400 players. I was playing as an eldar and i saw 20+ orks join , see eldar and quit (no stack on our side). It took a 10+ DLB stack for the match to even start and the eldar side waited for nearly 10 minutes.
  4. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Ok but thats quitting. You always see half a dozen quitters but most people leave only after they started losing.
    I was talking more about those who don't que up in the first place or leave if they see the match pop.

Chaos are great joksters btw: The cheesemarines decided to simply not play. Just let us take Maggon and be done with it and then complained about how OP we are for steamrolling them.

I get it...I really do. If I play Eldar for an entire evening and I lose once, that is a special event. Most games are steamrolls, very few are actually 'good games'.
    But, honestly, this problem would better be solved by actually trying to win, not que-dodging or slacking along for the entire match.
    GrazewoundZeroLow and data_angel like this.
  5. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

I think you misunder stand it took 10 minutes before that match even started, 20+ orks saw that they were quad aginst eldar and quit. I saw their name pop up for a few seconds before it became a disconnected symbol.
    It's hard for randoms to try to even get organized or put enough care to think about it much less try. Humans are lazy and when they try it feels frustrating both herding the cats and being the cats fighting aginst a foe that is more skilled, has annoying classes, bad net code with hit reg and slower/inacrate weapons making them feel tanku and can often be in guild stacks. Just trying generates salt and feelings of frustration, even multiple times it garners the same snd it only takes a few tries for most to go nope, f this. Ork Kannon spam and CSM NCS spam does similar as well but unlike them eldar are built to be like it making it feel worst
    data_angel likes this.
  6. Bigbitz Ironangel2k3 Steam Early Access

Oh hey was that you guys? Good match
  7. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

Yep, was about to quit from sting nearly 10 minutes until you gits showed up to di err show a propa fight
  8. Bigbitz Ironangel2k3 Steam Early Access

[​IMG]
  9. Marat Al Fattakh data_angel Steam Early Access

I play eldars most and, though, I don't like the thought that this faction is, somehow, broken, I must admit that you may be right. I am standard mediocre player, I play for every faction in EC and tried to play against eldar to check the point of the eldar haters and, yes, it feels exactly like you say. I understand the point of eldar defenders either, but, imho, the truth is that eldar may need some rework to generate less salt from a common mediocre player. Or, I am afraid, they will ragequit and start queue dodging rly fast.
  10. You talk to much about "not fun" missing fact that edar are not npc tyranids made for fun shooting and relaxing.

Eldar also nerfed countless times in any way. Even FD. Even tempest. Even Hawk now have only 1 fuel base not 2 like in old past+less DPS compared to tacs. Banshee is a shit. Scorpion can hunt only blindmen chapter. Warlock is not op - it exists like crutch to make eldar on par with enemies - lol "buff"
    Serpents - serpents move soooo slowl - just check old records of a game. It literally flyed but now it feels like you forced to go through tons of water not air.

I cant imagine what else you need to "fix" or "one side balance" to make eldar mythically fair to play against (allow even brainded to faceroll any eldar team huh)

Make an effort to win

Git gud Git gud Git gud Git gud
    GrazewoundZeroLow, Krayt and Durash like this.