Background Image

Vote On Which Faction You'd Like To See Designed Next.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torrential, Feb 5, 2015.

?

Vote on which faction you'd like to see added next, you can pick 2 preferences.

1. Tau Empire

2. Imperial Guard

3. Dark Eldar

4. Necrons

5. Chaos Daemons

6. Other: Please name, Sisters of Battle, Inquisition, Imperial Knights, Militarum Tempestus, Tyranids

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SkyCake SkyCake Recruit

Still waiting on that delicious preview!

I admit, I voted for SoB. Not because of the female part, but because I want to purge everything in flame. And, I would actually consider playing their assault/jump class! Freakin' beautiful jump/jet packs... Though, Tau are my second. I like their theme, and their refined and superior firepower. There's been many times that I've created a full team of fire warriors in DoW, just to watch them mow down anything that thinks about trying to stop them. Against an Ork AI, it's enjoyable that the AI will just keep sending wave after wave of sluggas. Of course, a human opponent wouldn't do that. But, still a lot of fun against the silly AI.
    Cupcakeunleashed likes this.
  2. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Imperial Knights a playable faction, wut.
    Also I am sure that militarum tempestus could have fit in with IG

Anyway. I have voted in like 10 of these threads now, and it stays the same vote. Dark Eldar.
  3. Captain Warlock Fitzford Well-Known Member

Assuming the devs will develop new factions in order of popularity, we Dark Eldar fans are shit out of luck.
    I think several realspace raids are in order.
  4. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Look at the poll. We are third!
    IIRC we are third or fourth in every poll there is in the forum.

I don't really care whether or not Dark Eldar are the first new faction to be implemented, but it most certainly isn't far.
  5. Khâzok Xnoxs Active Member

#SQUAT HYPE! And Necrons
  6. Not entirely, they are running third so far :) You have hope! I am somewhat of a dark eldar fan myself.

Especially if you consider there are playable and unplayable options for some of these factions, as well as some that could be used together, then all might make it eventually.

The challenge with dark eldar is making them distinct enough from eldar, like making chaos and space marines distinct enough, not from an appearance or lore perspective, just in how they play.
  7. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

How is this a problem? CSM and SM have identical units (lore-wise, they were once the same after all) but in this case they are just the same race. All their classes are different and there are no weapons that are the same or even similar vehicles.
  8. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

the real challenge is making people realise that other races/factions are just as interesting and just as viable for inclusion in EC as playable factions,

there are far too many people who seem to think that 2 (or 3) sides to a PvP game is the right number,

or that having another faction be included in EC eventually doesnt lessen their chance to see other things they actually might prefer to see (like other subfactions)
    Mngwa likes this.
  9. There you go then you have the units being different.

Now let's talk about mechanics. Will dark eldar be dodging like the eldar, and highly specialized?

If so then what's the difference in the game?

No Psychers right for DE, harder hitting DE units, both frail, both fast? I have never played nor fought against DE, as when I played they were not even in the game :)
  10. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Of course they will. So?
    Will storm boyz have sluggas like assault marines have bolt pistols?

No.
    A kabalite warrior has around the same variety of equipment as a tactical marine, wracks are hardly specialized in any way. Wyches are melee but lack the specialization of banshees as anti-heavy infantry or any of the stealth/ambush from striking scorpions.

I don't see any kind of problem.