Background Image

Voice Support And Text Chat In Game.

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Cosmicengine, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Hey guys,

I wanted to know what the plans were in terms of in game communication. I know its early but I was wanting to know what you are aiming for.

Miguel said that you guys want to give us the tools, I wanted to know how that would come to light in terms of of Voice support and of course in game text speech.

Do you plan on having both?

Regards

Mike.
    Sharranous and Grigdusher like this.
  2. Stretch Stretch Subordinate

I imagine there will be at least text chat not sure about voice chat though - In other games (like ps2) you have voice chat and there are always people screaming into the mic or playing music I know its easy to mute them but its never just one person lol

but in saying that! It would be cool if they had voice chat in game but only people in your group could hear you, Which would be helpful for bigger organized groups
  3. Short Answer:
    Text chat - YES
    Voice chat - Maybe

Longer Answer:
    we are looking into voice chat solutions and supporting them in different ways - vicinity chat vs. group chat especially. there are some challenges, bandwidth, network, gameplay, etc that will need to be solved and checked for, so it's sadly not trivial to say that we will have voice chat support built in.
    another option would be to integrate e.g. teamspeak into our client so that you can connect to you own servers from inside the game ... but I am hypothesizing here, nothing concrete planned on this front yet ;)
  4. We need in game voice chat ( it is not good to be forced to suddenly stand still in the middle of combat to give orders ) and it would be amazing if it could be able as a microtransaction to add voice modifiers. So you can use settings to add a metalic filter ( so you kinda sound like a space marine. ) or why not even a setting for radio mode. ( you know so it slightly sound like a battle radio instead of a high-tech head-set )
  5. Revenlear Revenlear Subordinate

I' m not sure if we actually need in-game voice chat, due to the fact of at least SF being set(no information about squads afaik) and everyone trying to be in one.
  6. Policenaut Policenaut Forum Beta Tester

Regarding text chat, will it be cross factional? Will I be able to shout taunts at opposing factions and have them understand me?
  7. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

I want the battle cry button.
    timeninja888 and krage like this.
  8. YES! WE NEED THA WAAAAAAGH!
  9. Xicor Xicor Ordinate

have you looked into razer comms? it is the next up and comer as far as voip goes, and it is constantly getting improved by razer, whereas most other systems would generally require a lot of work to implement, and dont work well.
  10. yes, we want text based vicinity chat.
    chat channels will probably not work cross faction - maybe we allow to create private channels where you can invite specified players, but it's to early to say
    Dagda and Revenlear like this.