Background Image

Voice Communication Based On Hierarchy.

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Exzelenz, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Carmine Exzelenz Cipher

It is confirmed that voice chat will be there, but will there be options to use it according the basic [Squad - Strike Force - War Council] hierarchy?

For example if I have a keybind for talking to my squad, and another keybind to talk to the higher instance, like officers in my Strike Force.

Thanks.
  2. KillSlim KillSlim Prefectus

It would depend on organization. You wouldn't want everyone in the Legion to be able to talk to the leadership because it would be overwhelming. It needs to follow a top down structure, military-ish where the grunts can receive but not broadcast. There needs to be multiple VOIP bindings, for:

Local vicinity chat
    Squad-only chat (Squad members cannot talk to chapter commanders)
    Strike force chat (Squad leaders and Commanders ONLY)

EC should take a leaf from Battlefield 4 because the Commander can individually speak to each squad, this would allow for much more information to be relayed outside of a VGS order system, for example the commander would be able to tell X and Y squad leaders through VOIP that they are to work together in attacking an objective--something you can't do with VGS.
  3. Xicor Xicor Ordinate

more likely it would be where players can talk to their squad leaders, squad leaders can talk to their strike force leader, the strikeforce leader can talk to his commander, who can talk with the warmaster. this way, each person may only have to keep up with 10-ish players in chat at once. essentially it would be a guild structure where each player can only talk to his superior, and people below or at the same status as he. it would be a tree structure where the children can only speak to eachother and the parent.
  4. AntAl Popyachslo Menial

I think Mumble or etc will be more useful for squad or platoon interaction. I think we need only high command in-game chat.
  5. Xicor Xicor Ordinate

as long as people can play on consoles, there is a need for all types of in game voice chat. you cant just expect ppl to use mumble on a console.
  6. AntAl Popyachslo Menial

Well... looks like I miss something. This game will be cross-platformed? PC and console can play at the same servers?
    P.S. I'm not so familiar with console gaming, but I think console already have some independent voice services?
  7. Xicor Xicor Ordinate

from the FAQ: "
    What platforms will it be on?

Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is being developed for PC and next-gen consoles."
  8. Revenlear Revenlear Subordinate

It's not completely sure for what consoles it will be released due to deals still not worked out with Sony/Microsoft. And if it will be released for consoles, it's not sure if there will be cross-platforming. IIRC there's a thread on this forum about that as well.
  9. Krage Krage Prefectus

Be great if they had heirarchies that muted the sub-channels a bit to give priority for leaders to hear their superiors.

Squad chat gets chaotic from call-outs and reporting but as soon as a platoon leader starts to talk the squad leaders chat is muted to hear the Platoon leader over the troops. This will help make mass-group coordination alot better than having to yell over the squad members constantly or to have to keep telling them to keep the channel clear (sucks some of the fun out of squad if you can't BS a bit in game because you have to stay quiet for orders).

Having keybinds for specific leaders would be great too.
    Grumbuldook and Nicolas Brunoni like this.
  10. Mr.Green Active Member

You can use teamspeak for that, there are various addons, etc.
    We use similar system in Arma.