Background Image

Vindicator Arc Nerf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The_Dokta, May 25, 2016.

1. I recently noticed that the Vindicator is no longer able to arc their shot adequately to reach the top of the walls of Harkus. This seems to be snuck into the last patch and I don't think it's a good addition as a Siege weapon should be able to, you know actually siege. Does the Vindicator really need to be nothing more than a glorified battering ram?
  2. Wiawyr Wiawyr Deacon

I noticed this as well. I really don't get the nerfs. They nerfed quadgun damage to where it's negligible on vehicles, but changed the sponson heavy bolters on predators to chew through them (and other vehicles) faster than quadguns OR autocannons, but then nerfed the vindicators to protect the quadguns (which die in 15 seconds to lascannons anyway). And they nerfed the hell out of plasma cannons which were the go-to anti-vehicle weapon.

I don't know where they're going, but the ride is getting pretty bumpy for a planned "no bump route" (balancing).
    Celestia and Bladerunner777 like this.
  3. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Was it that much better when it was glorified catapult instead?

Its probably to bring it with line in effectiveness to eldar/orc equivalents.
  4. Yes, yes it was better. And Eldar has line of sight and an instanthit comming, so not really feeling you there.
  5. GreyNight ArtemK Arkhona Vanguard

actually before it was ram and catapult. Now its just ram, so yeah, it was better.
  6. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

Damn, I just don't believe this, another unneccessary nerf. If you ask me, I loved the strong quad guns and strong vindies both as an attacker and defender. Quad guns were the priority target to destroy if you wanted to have any chance of taking the fortress, it forced some strategies and team work.

Vindies were the primary threat to defenders that had to be destroyed by all costs. Now it's all messed up and it's actually easier to take the fortress than defend it, that's plain wrong.
  7. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

You can still use the stairs to fire on the top of the Fort. Doing this is also usually granting a better cover than planting the Vindi in front of the doors and shooting as much as you can before you're destroyed.
  8. It would be nice to get some word on this. It's bad enough you have to get within slingshot range to hit anything with the Vindo.

To put things in perspective, you can hurl something with a slingshot as far as the Vindicator can shoot. You can hit a golf ball further than the Vindicator can fire. A bit ridiculous in itself this fact.
    Galen likes this.