Background Image

Vet Scorp: Perma invis intended?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Dreadspectre, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Only recently started using my Vet Scorp again after a Warlock/Banshee kick. Are they supposed to be perma cloaked when running now? Is it baseline or only if you take the Blazing Rune? I didn't see anything about it in the tooltip description.

@jbregg @NoahWard

Apparently this could be a bug, so I have tagged you gents. I'm not at home to test it or record footage right now so if anyone else wants to go try it quick be my guest.
  2. Shiani Brujah Preacher

They're not perma-cloaked from what I've seen. The Blazing Rune should only give the same effect as the Obscuring one. That, from memory, increases the time required to reach full visibility when sprinting from 4 seconds to 7 or something like that.
  3. I've ran from C to A on Blackbolt cloaked and sprinting the entire time.

I don't think it turns off. Not even a degradation in the quality of the cloak, perma Predator mode.
  4. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

I don't think that's the intention. I'd submit a bug report on it.
  5. I mean I pop out as soon as I attack so It's not PERMANENT, but during sprinting I have yet to ever see it start to fade at all.
  6. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

Again, I don't think that's the intention.
  7. Shiani Brujah Preacher

Definitely sounds like a bug. I'll swap in my Blazing Rune vet when I play this evening and see if I get the same issue.
  8. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Good thing I practiced my anti predator all my....shhh....did you hear that?.....

Anyway I got pretty good at seeing that tell tale shimmer.

Although it sounds like those may be commandos in the near future now as well.
  9. I'd rather that be the case for the Vet scorpion, you have to really blind to not spot a clocked SS sprinting across the battlefield.
    Mandulis likes this.
  10. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

Sounds like a bug. I've not had any perma-invisibility. I get partial invisibility when running at normal speed, and sprinting eventually causes me to be fully visible.

Are you running either of the stealth equipment? I know there is that wargear item that is supposed to make your stealth more effective while running... but I don't think it's supposed to grant full invisibility while running, either way.

I've only tried obscuring on my veteran. It only affected my standing stealth, as far as I could tell.