Background Image

Vehicle Skill Trees.

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Cupcakeunleashed, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

not really both are transports just the razorback has some additional firepower while not being able to carry the same ammount of men.
  2. Revenlear Revenlear Subordinate

Well this is a rather significant change. Actually, the main reason is to make it simply neater, otherwise you'd have way too many options, it wouldn't stop at the Razorback, you'd also have options for the Predator, for the Whirlwind etc. This way you could make the whole process of designing your loadout way more organized.
    EDIT: I forgot to add why this isn't even viable for the Predator, the sponson guns. If you'd just keep it in one vehicle, you would have to lock the sponson gun slot unless you've got a main gun from the Predator, or you'd risk having a Rhino with sponsons.
  3. Henribar Henribar First Blood!

And tacitcally, the rhino can be More efficient in some situations than the razorback, and idem for the razorback.
    I think you prefer keep this flexibility.
  4. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

and what's wrong with that!?:eek:
  5. Revenlear Revenlear Subordinate

It's simply to complicated, you'd have let me count 12 options alone for the top/main gun, counting in the Razorback, Predator, Vindicator and Whirlwind. A Vindicator (obviously) can't have any mods which are placed on the front of the tank, and the Predator (to some degree Whirlwind as well) will have problems with mods attached to the top. Only the Predator can equip sponson guns. Some mods don't make any sense for the various models, a Whirlwind won't take much advantage from additional armor, while it's also slower than the Rhino or the Razorback. You either make seperate groups for every vehicle, or you make this extremely complicated system where one thing rules another one out.
  6. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

so? should we have a new class for each weapon for infantry aswell!?
  7. Revenlear Revenlear Subordinate

No, but it's the same argument as saying the apothecary and the tactical SM and the Devastator Marine etc are all the same class, because they all use Power Armor.
    vaevictus333 likes this.
  8. Skullwhite44 New Member

Not sure if anyone had the idea already but as far as customizing vehicles BF4 does a good job with that. Would be cool to see something along those lines.
  9. I would just have the upgrades change the cost to spawn the vehicle. If you want to spawn a stronger version for more cost i'm fine with that though you should probably give a bit more xp when killed then a normal variant.
  10. I feel vehicle customization and "loadouts" per say is a must. You're basically cutting out a ton of content, and a ton of lore.

Vehicle customization has so much potential. Paint schemes, Chapter Specific loadouts, adding additional armor(slower moving), lightly armored(faster moving), weapons types, anti infantry capabilities.

Players should also be able to unlock additional "loadout" slots for vehicles as they progress. Players that prefer to specialize mostly in vehicles could have an entire "tree" for upgrading and improving vehicle performance.
    Galen and Revenlear like this.