Background Image

User Interface and the user experience

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Vlordak_The_Mighty, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Ghosar Recruit

@Brother Nemiel: Nah I don't want to have to press a button to recognise my enemies from my teammates. But that "spot" is really handy though, for lots of other stuff, indeed. And i guess you're right, we should focus on helmet to spot differences.
    But we should have an easier way though. Is it not at all an issue for you ?
  2. Christine Vlordak_The_Mighty Lead UI Designer

This is a nice idea. I'll pass it on.

Totally agree with this.
    Redthirst likes this.
  3. Christine Vlordak_The_Mighty Lead UI Designer

I'm not sure what you mean... isn't that how it works now? Is this a bug?
  4. Nope not an issue at all. But I am a 40k veteran since 20 years. I know the more playful shapes of Chaos Armor versus the more plain shapes of loyal Space Marine armor by heart.

Keep an eye on the mini map as all allies are shown there in case you are not sure. A rule of thumb is to check the colors. Bright colors are usually LSM (bright red, light blue, yellow, except the Dark Angels Green might be easy to confuse in the dark, but they have bright red squad markings on their right shoulder pad). Purple glows and vfx are usually chaos. And of course the silhouette as mentioned above.
    [​IMG]
    Next to horns the backpack is the most characteristic difference
  5. I assume he meant the overlay notification?
  6. Christine Vlordak_The_Mighty Lead UI Designer

Welcome! I'm glad to hear you're having fun! :D
    Although I can understand how it can be frustrating to tell friend from foe in a CSM vs SM game.. the ability to tell the difference will come with experience. Your suggestion to add some kind of enemy marker (other than the spotting mechanic) is totally valid, however it is a different gameplay style that isn't in-line with what our intentions are (and the level of challenge we want to present to the players).
    Keep the suggestions coming though! The team appreciates getting feedback :)
  7. Baelugor Bugz First Blood!

Hey Christine.. thanks for the reply,
    When you receive an invite, the red box appears but you can't clik on it to accept. Just having that function would improve immensely navigating through the menus atm. It overlays anything that you are doing in the menus, be it loadouts/ store or world map, so being able to interact with the pop up would be fantastic. :D

Thanks
  8. Ghosar Recruit

Thank you all for your answers, and Chtristine having such swift replies from game designers is really appreciated ! I'll mind the heads and the backpacks then.

But I do think you are wrong though, and that this game would benefit from clearer enemy markers when marines fight other marines. I'ver been playing 40k TT for 10 years, so I am kind of a vet too...
    Some players won't be as perseverant as I will be, and will drop the game while on free access because of this (because you should realize it really is a huge flaw, which would not require much dev effort i think to fix, would it ?).
    But I won't say no more :) as I love this game do not want to offend any dev / other person involved in the game.

One last thing: what is the graphic setting(s) that could help me for marines vs marines "I don't want to risk shooting my fellow marines" games ? In you opinions ? If any setting can fix my issue, then i take all of last paragraph back ! :D
  9. When editing a loadouts appearance can we have a tab for purchased items instead of having to scroll through everything to find the stuff we have bought?
  10. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

I'm not sure how much of it is about UI, but would it be possible to add chat to the menu? So you can chat with people in your faction/guild from the hub. It's annoying when you get some conversation going at the end of the game, but you can't continue it because the game ends.

Can also help new players get help and tips.
    Bugz likes this.