Background Image

User Interface and the user experience

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Vlordak_The_Mighty, Mar 22, 2016.

1. CaptainLee Recruit

I would really like the Point directions on the Minimap (at the edges I mean). It's quite disorientating when you spawn in and don't know which way to go.
  2. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

@Vlordak_The_Mighty
    More feedback!

Now that we have more buffs(a.k.a status effects) on UAT(like Auspex grenades and new Enhance), can you please ask the UI team to make us some buff duration indicators so we can see how long are they going to stick on us(or at least some sort of indicator that notifies us that we are under a buff)?

Maybe it's already going to be added since UAT isn't final, but decided to throw it out there just in case.
    Mornek likes this.
  3. Christine Vlordak_The_Mighty Lead UI Designer

I checked with the team. I'm told that the assets have all been created for this, and it's just waiting to be integrated.
    Laanshor likes this.
  4. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

Nice, thanks a lot!
  5. So I can't even set proper resolution without editing cfg in this shitcoded game.
    Even after editing GameUserSettings.ini resolution reset to widescreen and I don't need widescreen crap because its stretched - http://i.imgur.com/17GShEF.jpg
    WTF is that BE, I can't even play your game. Why every other game have 1280x1024 proper resolution and your shitcode not ? :mad:
    Where is bug reporting tools or sub-forums ? :SMSurprised:
  6. Christine Vlordak_The_Mighty Lead UI Designer

Hello Happy Gamer,
    You can submit a support ticket here:
    https://eternalcrusade.zendesk.com/
    Have a great day.
    Zvarri and RustyRake like this.
  7. Mornek Mornek Active Member

@Vlordak_The_Mighty
    Hello Christine. I have some idea for UI using force power. Playing sorc I often notice that it is uncomfortablet to look at the UI lower right corner to check the force I'm using. It would be a nice to have a small icon hint in the crosshair area, which said that the power is in the hands.

For example
    [​IMG]
    http://imgur.com/lZ06T9x
    Brother_Nemiel and RustyRake like this.
  8. Baelugor Bugz First Blood!

Hey Christine,

Could you please allow the warparty invite to be clicked and accepted?

Thanks ;)
  9. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

Can we make the difference between vehicle types more pronounced in map icons? Can be tricky to see which vehicle it is just by icon alone.
  10. Ghosar Recruit

Edit: made a "feature request" ticket (felt like work :OrkGoff:)

Hi, I just started last week and I love this game ! However, I don't like much playing CSM vs LSM (or vice versa :)) because it is too hard to distinguish one faction from the other on the battlefield, especially from a far range ! So either i just think "ok this line of fire is too good" and risk TK, either I refrain, don't take the risk and then get shot at ! It's really annoying !!
    Please, please, please... Could you allow for a "color tag mode" ? Something which could be activated in the graphics menu (to not bother those who do not have my problem).
    Something like a "bright red" halo around the enemy marine, or a big red dot above enemy marine head ? It could be a tickbox, which would be quick to activate or deactivate in the settings menu when the battle begins (we could therefore activate it when marines vs marines battlematching occurs, then deactivate when any other faction matchmaking comes after).
    Something quick to implement, ugly if need be, which is optional so ppl don't get upset (and Gork -or is it Mork ?- knows they get upset, in this community, for so little...)

Keep up the good work !