Background Image

Upcoming JPAs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fiendly, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

So your complaining about JPA? You will live, Banshee only has 5 more armour and no jumpack. So just flank.

@Thraxus also Hawks get one shot by Stalker Bolter headshots on UAT. So as an LSM JPA you mustn't worry about being survivable.
  2. Nic NicholaiPestot Well-Known Member

Mobility is also survivability, doubly so in a game that makes you immune to damage while using that mobility.Your inability to understand this is why you are operating on a different (wrong) wavelength.

I can soak far, far more damage with a JPA's dodge frames then I can with a GA's shield. JPA's amazing capability comes from using their fuel in-combat to avoid damage. Good JPA's generally approach their targets on foot, using cover to prevent damage, saving their fuel for once the brawl starts.

If you are pissing away most of your fuel just getting to your targets, then I can understand why you think the class isn't that good.
    Iyan likes this.
  3. You do realize that JPA have a max of 4 fuel. and their fuel regen is nowhere near as fast as the stamina regen that the other classes get, correct? Oh you didn't? Figures.
  4. Gubbkanz Gorgutz543 Well-Known Member

While that's true, JPA also gains the ability that none of the other classes gets. Jumping. Plus, they can recharge their bars while sprinting, but that's another thing.

Also, 'dat's a git 'fing of you ta do.
  5. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

Remove fist from JPA and give him like +40 armour or something, still tankier than hawk which is fair.

I use fist on my GA on Chaos and it feels reasonably balanced bar back stabs but Jump packs break the weapon honestly.

Its like the Eldar vehicle approach, ramming is the problem shall we remove it? nah just remove more health instead of facing the problem.
    Iyan and JojoKasei like this.
  6. Redfingers Recruit

Then why not just cut the iframes like people were asking for?

I'm really not referring to all fortress maps, I'm referring specifically to capture point B on Agnathio, where there are two doorways, a frontal assault, and a balcony jam packed with sorcerors and autocannons.

If you're getting a 3:1 KDR on offense on cap point B on Agnathio, I'd love to see it.
    Galen likes this.
  7. Lineath Lineath Recruit

oh that jpa tears...how sweet and yet bitter...delithful...

feel the nerf!

But dont worry you and your people will continue jumping on the nxt op bandwagon, jpa, plasmas, apothecaries you had plenty, now its time to overpowerfists and the flying inavoidable punch of doom.

Gonna need a bigger container to gather the all the tears...
    Atsidas likes this.
  8. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

Especially since barring the JPA from equipping PF (and racial equivalents) would already fix the problem. Or at least reduce it massively. Is that soooo hard to do? Or are the devs just not happy with denying access to a weapon for a class?

Although I have to say I once used PF on my GA for a match and already felt like a very dirty steamtrain (then again, I only use chainswords already, just to avoid anything close to meta loadouts). No matter what my opponents did, their weapons broke and they died. They only managed to kill me 4:1 with backstabs (lucky thing 360° attack swings are not a thing). It was ridiculous.

And since maybe here is the right place: I want to thank everyone who voluntarily refrains from meta loadouts, too. You might help your faction less for winning, but you certainly help in making the game a better experience for everyone involved who cares about fun and community. :cool:
    Iyan, SniffSteven and Xi0 like this.
  9. SniffSteven SniffSteven Steam Early Access

What i suggested may not be the most sensible thing to do, yes, but maybe some other alternative? Ideas?

Cus you've seen my argument and i'll say it again: no matter if they're disruptors or frontline assault troops, those guys cant be wearing power armor that is fucking thinner than an Ork's hide. Its RETARTED.
  10. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

I am torn, personally. On one side, YES IT IS F*CKING POWER ARMOR, WHY GIVE IT 140 ARMOR ONCE AND THEN 25?????!!!! On the other side it could really help the balance.
    If it does not help, we can still argue about this millenium-leap in logic, but if it proves to help indeed, we should just swallow the sour apple and enjoy the benefits.