Background Image

Upcoming JPAs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fiendly, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Nic NicholaiPestot Well-Known Member

On a fortress map the attackers are expected to loose three or four people for every defender they kill. The ticket system is balanced around this. If a JPA can consistently kill just one Dev before dying as an attacker on a fortress map then they are still acting as a hard-counter.

Given that on fortress maps my average JPA life doesn't take any damage at all until I have already killed someone (because I learned how to use JPA's correctly back in alpha when they were not OP), I suspect that they will continue to function as desired.
  2. Roopevil roopevil Arkhona Vanguard

Raptors are hitted hard on UAT I use 60 ℅ raptors 30℅ GA and 10℅ tac the nerfs are going to hit me really hard ....

On eldar side I play Banshee and scorpion both are hitted hard ...
    Looks like whiners are going to make EC just a shooter game again
    SniffSteven likes this.
  3. Dolf Dolf Preacher

While not playing jpa i was fine with their current abbilities except for the powerfist. Powerfist needs to be rebalanced for both vehicles and pvp. I would rather nerf swooping hawks, their unlimited mobility is way too powerfull.
  4. Nic NicholaiPestot Well-Known Member

Swooping hawks are getting a similar reduction in resilience. All factions hyper-mobile classes are getting rebalanced. All Eldar classes in general are getting their effective health a bit reduced.

The Dev's have finally realised how amazing mobility is and are rebalancing everything that's generally faster/harder to hit to be easier to kill when you do actually land a hit.
    Markosian likes this.
  5. Redfingers Recruit

Well, Brent said the winrate was around 15% or less for attackers on some Fortress maps, so you may want to go check up on your data Nicholai.

And that would be on live where JPAs have an additional 50-75 or so EHP, and heavy bolters only have 80 penetration.

In fact, Brent specifically mentioned reducing the number of tickets for defenders on some fortress maps on the last Twitch stream because the attacker winrate was so atrocious. What a fun grind this will be! Then again, most people I know already avoid fortresses like the plague.
  6. Ser DJ Hodor TheBurgerMeister Well-Known Member

I am honestly okay with JPA's being a harder class to play. In all honesty that's how it should be. They are quick and agile and have speed on their side with the jump packs. I would like to see them with faster moves with the jump pack and maybe more fuel to work with. They are supposed to be a skirmisher/harassment unit anyway.

Its great that they can assault the enemy by going around, but everyone can kinda do that anyway if they wanted to. I'd rather see them zig zagging around more and making more use of the jump packs. Currently I feel the jump is all wonky and wrong feels. Attacking from the air as well takes too long and there's too many pauses. It should be really fluid and smooth.

But then again, this whole game is clunky and derp, so can only expect so much.

I'm spoiled though because I've been playing so much For Honor lately. Dev team needs to take notes from that melee system and the different class types they have in that game.
  7. Redfingers Recruit

Their mobility has always been the problem, not their survivability.

Them getting into CC quick allows them to hard counter heavy support classes, it's their ability to 180 around someone before their capped turn speed can rotate and complete a locked on attack at their undefended rear before jumping over the ledge that is obnoxious. As is their iframes when jumping.

Why can't we get on the same wavelength on this issue.
    Galen likes this.
  8. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

Can we get some numbers and videos in here instead of pure heresay?

How many bolter rounds does it take to down a basic JPA on UAT? Show us in video. We can then discuss the variation with purity.

Once upon a time it used to take 7 bolter rounds to down a target. If you can show it takes 6 or less bolter rounds to the body, then there is a sure difference.

Can't say I'll be coming back to play the game for any length of time if the game is moving in the direction of faster deaths, however. I don't understand why the game would move back to dying after a single mistake in melee when that sort of occurrence was specifically moved away from in patches beforehand.

Last time I played, we already had a problem with primary weapons killing in a single Dbash due to the increased length of tactical Dbash stun. The intention was to allow tacticals to actually use their knife in melee without being immediately blocked or dodged... not to Dbash and shoot the other guy to death at point-blank without giving him any sort of chance to recover.

Fast deaths = less permitted mistakes = more absurdly punishing = less fun.
  9. Nic NicholaiPestot Well-Known Member

Even if they reduce it to a 1:2 expected life exchange ratio, JPA's are still too good in their current form. I consistently score 3:1 on fortress attacks as a JPA and I'm not a great player. I just approach in cover on foot then spam jumps/evades after I engage because that's how I learned to play them back when melee had no momentum.

When my average JPA game results in me getting 30+ kills with my old-man reactions and I barely manage to eek out more than 10 kills with any other class, the class needs to be re-balanced.
  10. Thana Thana Curator

It's UAT. It's kind of under NDA. So you'll have to go check it out yourself