Background Image

Upcoming JPAs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fiendly, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Yeah, I do sympathise with anyone attempting to use the RPS system properly only to be defeated by cheap tactics or exploits. It's happened to me enough times :(

The manoeuvrability and I-frames are definitely a huge part of the problem. Personally I think they shouldn't have any as the speed and manoeuvrability are bonus enough.
  2. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

I tend to agree. The Iframes and range of evade (plus the rapid regen at one point) were intended to compensate for the lack of staying power. The EHP was then normalized, the evades for all other classes were nerfed, Stam regen delay was increased (only JPAs can sprint) and suddenly they're the only archetype with a gap closer.

The revamp to EHP is a good start and maybe they'll even over nerf it. Needs to happen though and so does the next revamp (melee).

The whole JP class has gotten bandaid after bandaid after bandaid and it somehow managed to lose its high skill ceiling, mobility and fun.

Cannot wait for the overhauls, and subsequent patching. It isn't the only class or system that needs some repair. Controversial statement perhaps: Bash stagger is too good for Tacts atm, it's a bandaid for aim bot FA/PA and a lack of Stamina.

I think the game has gotten too static and too limiting lately. It's lead to some boring combat even if you're consistently pulling high kills :(
    SniffSteven, Markosian and Saeritan like this.
  3. The new JPA iteration is a big pile of shit, it makes me quit this fucking game.
    Tanks to all cry baby JPA are useless as shock troops... too bad it was their role.
    And to all of you crying about JPA, what we were giving for our ridiculous hopping was our ability to retaliate at range. Now we can't even close the gap.
    So long suckers and enjoy your shitty game!
  4. Jesus...at least wait until it ruins Live before going off the deep end lol.
  5. Safreadis Safreadis Arkhona Vanguard

Thanks Airborne Bro, you proved my point in another thread ;)
    Eldritch and Gravewalker like this.
  6. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

By the way if JP classes are such a cancer as people like to say, could anyone provide me with screenshots displaying a real superiority of said JP classes?

I recorded my play sessions - as JP - today and will upload them and link them here later, so hopefully some people realize playing JP isn't as easy as "rush all you can, spam RMB, profit.". I consider myself a great JP player, yet in 90% of the games, ranged people - mostly Boltgun users - are performing better than me regarding either their kills/assists and their xp score. And it's complete fine. Even a decent nerf would be fine to me, it would only give me more challenge when I play my JP, but as I said many times already, current changes are ridiculous and nobody - except maso people which I'll still be probably part of from time to time - will mind to play this class anymore.

Yet we're about to witness a buff of Boltgun and a nerf to the ground of JP classes, fair enough I guess.
  7. FreeMek Gortflagg Nexle09 Arkhona Vanguard

An' anuva nerfmarine gone!
    Orkan likes this.
  8. Sure I can here you go JPA cancer. 20170207184822_1.jpg
    Abatos and Gravewalker like this.
  9. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Tell you what: If they over nerf it I will make a sad face while you laugh and point, but ...

This dev team, whatever else, used to spit out some pretty seismic content rebalancing patches in pre-alpha. Classes/weapons used to change role/depth overnight and it very rarely broke them for long (except Sorcerer, poor little handicapable guy). Problem we have now is that major overhauls are needed to balance, so this is a good thing.

The JPA is iconic and they know it's popular in ec. Keep playing it and prove it's a piece of shit or it might end up working.
    Dreadspectre likes this.
  10. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

I like your sense of humour :D

But seriously, I usually see topscores regarding either kills/assists and xp being ranged people over melee ones.