Background Image

Upcoming JPAs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fiendly, Feb 14, 2017.

1. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Finally! Thats all we've ever wanted!

Psst thats sarcasm and and it isn't all that bad. Assaults will have to flank and attack smart. You know...like they were always supposed to be doing. They aren't supposed to be front line fighters that make GA classes a waste of time to play.
    Atsidas likes this.
  2. Don_Silvarro Recruit

Wait, back the truck. There's a way to do that? How do I do that?
  3. SniffSteven SniffSteven Steam Early Access

Just take away the Fists from JPA and give LSM GA the ability to cap - voila. Right? Now JPA are only good at getting in and out of melee and whooping ass, while GA serve a mixed strategic/melee purpose. It would be muuuch better if they worked the problem from that perspective instead of just butchering the Support and JPA armor values, its - excuse my french - fucking stupid. And yeah, we've been there before, havent we?

It just makes no sense to me how jump infantry would be worse at frontline assaults than ground infantry if they're wearing the same damn armor. If anything, the jumppack allows for getting into close quarters faster. So yeah....I'm pretty confident there are other ways to work the balance out apart from, you know, breaking the laws of physics and such...
    JojoKasei likes this.
  4. Mozinwrath Mozinwrath Steam Early Access

The point of the Jump Packs is to go over the front line, not be a part of it. They are designed (for TT) to be the class that bypasses the line and go after the support. Most of the time being Tanks and Heavies. Something can be said for a sandwich attack, but that leaves any support firing at the backs of the Jump Assaults.
  5. Valentine Iyan Firebrand

Agnathio needs side entrances too or a pipe somewhere.
    JojoKasei likes this.
  6. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

I don't know why so many people thinks JPAs' place isn't on the frontline it should be one of their main role.

Where the GA is frontline, he is here to push the line, where the JPA, being frontline too, he is here to disrupt the line, allowing rest of the team, including GAs to push the said line.

Unless very particular circumstances, you won't see JPAs pushing the line by themselves, nor will you see GAs pushing a line all by themselves, that's why we have several classes, and maybe I'm getting old here, but with the upcoming changes, there is no way for a JPA to effectively disrupt a line as he's tough as the average Imperial Guard.

So what will the game be? Either a trench war hoping for the opposite team to do a mistake before you can take a point, because no joke, your flying Imperial Guard won't have any impact on the game if all he does is sneaky backstabbing people hoping not to be noticed because at the time he is, he is mostly dead, you'd better do flanks with a GA or a Tac in next patch, to me it already looks to be much more useful. Either a sneaky blob cap fest, very fun to spend the whole game rushing an empty point in force. Either we just throw GAs frontline as cannon fodder hoping they'll tank enough firepower for the rest of the team to show up behind.

The JPAs were and are a way to avoid this kind of stupid tactics, because they can go in, and allow room for the GAs and rest of the team to go in and start a real mess, and to me, this is this kind of teamwork that is making EC a good game. Removing totally the ability to disrupt the frontline for a JPA will only lead to less versatility regarding the whole meta.

So maybe they are over-performing in the eyes of many, and even if I disagree with this statement mostly, fair enough each one his opinion and I'm all for balance, yet it is not a nerf bat tossed at the JP classes, it's a nerf kanon, and I think the changes as they are are making no sense in order to keep a nice game.
    SniffSteven likes this.
  7. Saeritan Saeritan Arkhona Vanguard

It's in the options menu.
  8. Yeah, I've boycotted the Fortress maps until they fix the slideshow.
  9. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

That which does not destroy us only makes us more bitter, twisted, and full of hate fueled anger.

Anger is good, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside :D

Flanking's my thing, I do it on every class especially JPA.

However you cant flank bolt fire coming from 7 directions from allies and another 7 directions from enemies at once in a 360 degree circle.

When they increase bolter penetration to 100% modable to 110% and decrease armour to 25 AND nerf Melee damage. When they do this and when any 1 bolt round can clip your ear lobe from any of those 14 people firing at you with their endless stream of LMB spam on Harkus for example 30 vrs 30?

I think people under estimate what we do for our advancing allied force. We essentially prepare the back lines so the front lines can push and cap that all important point.

So we will no longer be able to do our job: Get in, cause a distraction so the front lines can advance and MAYBE kill our target and get out unscathed if we're lucky. That will be a thing of the past.

At some point we inevitably must find ourselves in the thick of battle on the front lines or we simply cant do our job.

Once we get there (if we get there at all post patch with the AC nerf + Melee damage nerf and ranged damage buff) we wont survive long enough to incise our target. Its as simple as that.

We are supposed to get up onto the battlements and kill that heavy bolter suppressing our allies advance. We'll be lucky if we can put our big toe out of cover without it being blown off.

We wont be able to jump in and kill that sorcerer in the middle of the fray who keeps reviving all heretics surrounding him with his Circle of Flesh preparing for our allies advance because of that 1 bolt round that will clip our ear lobe and down us in wtf seconds.

Foot slogg Melee will be the new meta: Slow, plodding combat. . . boring as hell. (I much prefer fast paced combat)
  10. I dunno...drive your damn vehicle up passed the firing zone and then hop out and start jumping around weird routes and wreaking havoc in the back lines now?

Just a crazy thought. Honestly though if JPA worked like it does in TT there would be hardly any reason for GA. Shield is good to have now and then but it doesn't really mean they can do something a JPA couldn't do.