Background Image

Upcoming JPAs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fiendly, Feb 14, 2017.

1. I find most people who complain about stamina as a GA with a shield/Slugga with shield are

1. Rolling too much
    2. Not utilizing shield to take shots while your Armor/Stamina/Weapon durability recover.

It's a sexy juggle dance, one that I still don't fully utilize sadly.
  2. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

And what exactly prevents you from equipping additional stamina or stamina regen wargear?
    500LP in survivability wargear allows you to stand for 1 shot longer, 2-4 if you go against eldar or orks.
  3. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

That's all true in the current dynamic but not at all related to my point that the system sucks. I appreciated the mobile combat complexity prior to launch when the complexity was much deeper. Stacking HP doesn't enhance combat right? Just extends it.

The only really horrible part of it was the Evade Attack range but that was easily addressed.

Stamina is overpriced and shares slots with more useful stats but the regeneration and delay is so shit that I blame it almost entirely for gutting melee complexity since pre-Alpha. If there was more of it on GAs, and it didn't take a fortnight to recover, it would obviously be more useful. It was a defining characteristic of the GA over the Tactical, on top of the passive 15% HP return on hit.

Of course it is; Stormboy has a freaking boost :D

If the GA's Evade were remotely as useful as a boost, offensively or defensively, you'd stack the shit out of it. You and I both agreeing that it's a poor choice says to me it needs fixing (or it's a waste of assets). Having said that the Banshee icon is essential to playing the class at peak performance, but that's Eldar unique: They have much longer Evade Attack ranges (11m vs 7m for SMs).
  4. Uhhh....I may be mistaken since I was gone for a couple months but evade attacks were removed quite a long time ago. Not sure what you're referring to?
  5. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Still alive, if not well: The inputs are buggy, the attack range was normalized by faction (SM is sooo slow) and it only executes at the very end of the Evade, rather than during.

It's still useful with Eldar and I'll occasionally throw it on Ork Slugga (the Shoota can do it too but deals 0 dmg. Bug) because it's reasonably fast. The short range and speed of the SM version makes it next to useless though.
  6. Abatos Abatos Subordinate

SNIFF SNIFF, SNIFF SNIFF, WHAT"S DAT SMELL, SMELLS LIKE HYPOCRISY TO ME !! HEHEHEEE XD

~~ HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO ~~
  7. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

@Asheru Could you please delete this last post from Abatos, it has nothing to do in here, I kept civil with his first one, coming here to bash me regarding me taking part in END guild, but it's not a place to show such biaised behaviour not to mention it's kiddish.
  8. Gubbkanz Gorgutz543 Well-Known Member

What about the other post?

Is it actually intended? As far as I know, they removed it to start with because people complained about the fact that most GA rolls out of combat, just to jump back in again moments after with that lunge.
  9. I'm going to tell you both to keep it civil. After this post the next one to be uncivil gets to deal with me.
    Gorgutz543 likes this.
  10. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

It's known, not sure if it's intended. Talked to the Devs about it constantly but they have neither removed it or buffed it so ... I don't know. Eldar can evade back and attack straight in like SM Swords could back then. I'm guessing it's asymmetric design.