Background Image

Upcoming JPAs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fiendly, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I play Eldar in every PC game they are playable with since DoW1, I've endured more nerfs then you have hair on your head and still was on top.
    Being nerfed patch to patch is natural way of live and it never had an effect on the long run as long as poster boys always dragged all the RP nubs to them and eldar always had enough of cheeze to put up with all the nerfs.

I've transcended beyond being upset about the nerfs, but I still like to be vocal about them, specifically the ones which went way over the top(reaper launcher anyone?).

Eldar will do fine post patch-we won't have any new players and whoever is in MYST and WP will be all that's left, but we'll still do fine and roll over ceramite tin cans :)
    roopevil likes this.
  2. NurgleBurger NurgleBurger Steam Early Access

This is kinda OT but what is the PC like on UAT ATM? Has it gone back to its old WMD ways?
  3. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

I see we have fairly the same vision of how a JPA is doing the job, now let me add some questions to these statements :

1) How do you slam in once or twice and get out when you're literally dying in a single burst of bolter, and it was tested in a 1v1 setup, far from the actual randomness of damage applied by people shooting alltogether in a place?

2) How will that be any good regarding friendly fire? And we all know very few ranged players have few consideration to restrain their fire if they got a mate engaged in melee. As I said a burst of boltgun can bring you down, no matter these bolts are friendlies or not.

3) How are you able to disrupt/harass when a clang time recovery is enough to bring you down from basically any weapon? So yes you can try to spend your whole game chasing lone units not wanting to play with their team as Devastator archetypes or picking a lone dude on a X to Y transit, but it will be very - very - niche gameplay, and I personally don't see any fun in this kind of perma sneaky tactic.

What I mean is if people are really that upset about the JPA, I'm sure there are ways to balance it other than nerfing their durability to the ground, because as much as anyone want to think it, past some point in the game, as a JPA, you'll HAVE TO be frontline, many are talking about disruption, maybe we don't have the same feeling on this, but for me the place the disruption is the most needed is clearly the frontline, aka gain time for your ranged mates to do the job. But with this durability, frontline at any point of the game clearly is a no-no option.

I know it feels like for some people that JPA is stealing "GA's job" but with the next patch, assuming stats are being left the same as on current UAT, JPA will not be played anymore because for example, as a Chaos player, flanking will be plain more comfortable to do with a Slaanesh GA, or even easier, with a Slaanesh Tac Boltgun, which is already very good on live patch and it will be even better soon.

It seems the fist is a problem talked about in much posts over this thread, as I said if the problem is the fist JPA, then nerf it specifically. Could very well reduce fuell cells/regen on JPA when you pick a fist on it, it would even make sense to me.

Just looks good enough for most people if JPA is really that much nerfed to the ground, what will happen is just even fewer JP players than we use to see, couple patches later we'll have a word on the stream from Brent/Oveur "Oh btw GA, Tacs are taking the job from JPA because they can't survive for shit in any kind of engagement so we plan to give them their stats back.", I just hope the JP haters will enjoy their JP weeks free until the changes are reverted. Because in the end, that's just what's going to happen.

I'll never understand why DLB is so salty about END but it's fine dude, you're adding a lot to the conversation, thanks for your very valuable income.
    Thraxus likes this.
  4. JPA are disappearing because they are gradually going to the role they're supposed to have: hit and run soldiers.
    Not "the best melee unit in the game".
    Katitof likes this.
  5. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

The same questions could be posed to Banshee.

At least you have a jumppack with Iframes.
  6. Antheus Fiendly Confessor

And you have all my support regarding these changes applied to Banshee, which is one of the classes I play the most on my Eldar.

Also can anyone strictly confirm i-frames on the JP is still a thing? My personnal experience as of late says no, and if there are still i-frames on JP, they are unsignificant compared to the i-frames of rolls/flips, for instance, if I need 3 hits to kill someone with my melee weapon, and you have 3 rolls thanks to your wargear, you're potentially doubling the time needed for any melee user to kill you if you have the good timing and you don't even need to cast a melee move in order to do this, said melee user being JP or not.
  7. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Reading some of the numbers regarding nerfs(JPA,Eldar health etc etc) i have a feeling the folks in bE had a little bit warp dust too much!
    Edit @Fiendly dunno for sure but a HB shooting at a JPA when he is jumping does no damage...though that could be a skill problem i guess...
  8. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

Jump packs give like 1.5 seconds of I frames or something, I think a space marine roll is like 1 second(the duration of the roll itself)

The jump pack when used to evade removes you from melee range, therefore its a better defensive tool in melee than a roll which doesn't get you out of melee range, further more you can swirl around a target (normally after a d bash you cheat out of...) and back stab thanks to auto lock, this makes the jumpack far better than rolls expect regen time I think.

Plus it gimps all range players by making their weapon e.g. guns worthless, you I frame so many shots that they cant down you before you reach combat, these health nerfs should make these brainless charges harder which was the point to begin with.
  9. Redfingers Recruit

I'm not sure why they don't just address the iframes in that case.
    DerelictHeretic and Galen like this.
  10. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

True, remove fist and I frames from the class and I have little problems to be had, I would like d bash to connect 100% if they clash into the block section of the animation but I've gotten good at countering these people who cheese my d bash animation thanks to playing fire dragon so it doesn't bother me as much as these.

Like I said previously its the Wave Serpent problem all over again

Players; Ramming is op devs plz nerf!
    Devs: Haha sure thing we are working on reducing its health and nerfing infantry weapons as we speak
    Players: No I mean the rams, it cuts me like butter...
    Devs: We hear you, we are working on Grav weapons as we speak
    Wallabe, ArtemK and JojoKasei like this.