Background Image

Unit Sizes In Warhammer 40k Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Art, Cosplay, & Fiction' started by Wobbley, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Wobbley Wobbley Curator

Hmm perhaps, there is nothing genetically speaking that we should get taller as time passes. The only reason humans have grown in height the last millennium is because we eat better as children and teens. I am currently at work, but I will see if I can dig up the sources for "normal" human height in the 40k Universe.
    Gottar_Krakdskull likes this.
  2. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

it change from planet to planet.
    yes some planet have advanced tecnology and genetic improvement: other planet instead have medieval tecnology.
    ogryn are a clear example of what a planet can do to humans.
    Tarkus and Tjeknalis like this.
  3. what you have to remember is the cubed square law regarding the human sizes it has also been theorized that 1.8-19.m is going the tallest humans will become naturally.
  4. It'd be easier to remember that if I had known about it in the first place.;)

Maybe I'm mistaken, but this "cubed square" law that you're talking about seems to be a thing that you probably shouldn't assume is common knowledge.
  5. Slake Lionhardt Cipher

The smallest Primarch(s) were seven to eight foot, although Magnus was easily close to twenty foot tall, although he was the tallest among his brothers.

The chapter master of the Iron Snakes is ten foot tall, so you can't discount the fact that the Biscopea and Ossmodula are erratic and random when it comes to muscle and bone growth in an initiate. I imagine some space marines are shorter than average, some are taller than average, and it varies from person to person, as human beings have growth spikes and the Ossmodula and Biscopea enhance these greatly.

This of course, is not discounting the fact that power armour (space marine, that is) adds a foot in height as well as making them weigh much more.

TL;DR it varies from marine to marine.
  6. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

you might dimly remember it as the reason why insects arnt the size of cars, and why prehistoric insects were bigger then any modern insect could ever be...

i'm sure it might of got mentioned in biology class at some point

7. Honestly I'd never heard of it until now. Even if we did cover it in biology class (I doubt we did), I had bigger things to worry about-- namely all the jocks that sat behind me and harassed me and such while the teacher looked on and did nothing. Made it bloody hard to concentrate. The only time she ever intervened was the time I almost got written up for trying to stand up for myself.
  8. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

I think it was in biology that I first heard about it, though its really more of an engineering concept in most cases
  9. it basically means when you increase someone area their volume increases by a much higher factor
  10. So that's why Orks are so loud....

[​IMG]

:p