Background Image

UAT - Testing / Playing with Devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Mar 30, 2017.

?

Are you interested in testing/playing with the Devs on the latest build?

1. I'd want to play but not test.

2. Not interested.

3. Sign me up!

4. I would be interested but the time of the test is an issue.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chuffy Chuffster Deacon

Edited for the correct time (the example is just an example, not the time of a planned test)

I can manage that time most days, sign me up. The time locally, if I calculated it correctly would be 3:30PM in the UK (15:30)

A few concerns @jbregg

1) Please list the time in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time/Temps Universel Coordonné) as well so everyone can use this time converter to get their correct local time. Is it EST right now? or EDT? UTC saves the confusion and avoids testers arriving an hour too soon or an hour too late.

Example
    UTC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Monday, 3 April 2017, 14:30:00 UTC
    London (United Kingdom) . . . . . Monday, 3 April 2017, 15:30:00 BST UTC+1 hour
    Paris (France - Île-de-France) . . Monday, 3 April 2017, 16:30:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
    Berlin (Germany - Berlin) . . . . . . Monday, 3 April 2017, 16:30:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
    Madrid (Spain) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Monday, 3 April 2017, 16:30:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
    Rome (Italy) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Monday, 3 April 2017, 16:30:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
    Moscow (Russia - Moscow) . . . . Monday, 3 April 2017, 17:30:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
    Montreal (Canada - Quebec) . . . Monday, 3 April 2017, 10:30:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
    Santiago (Chile) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Monday, 3 April 2017, 11:30:00 CLST UTC-3 hours
    Los Angeles (USA - California) . . Monday, 3 April 2017, 07:30:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
    Denver (USA - Colorado) . . . . . . Monday, 3 April 2017, 08:30:00 MDT UTC-6 hours
    Houston (USA - Texas) . . . . . . . . Monday, 3 April 2017, 09:30:00 CDT UTC-5 hours
    New York (USA - New York) . . . Monday, 3 April 2017, 10:30:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
    Wellington (New Zealand) . . . . . Tuesday, 4 April 2017, 02:30:00 NZST UTC+12 hours

If I didn't list a country here use this http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html

2) Moving the time 2 or 3 hours later would get you the European peak mid evening and the biggest pool of potential testers from this area. This would still keep it within humane business hours for bE Montreal.*

*I'm assuming @Oveur doesn't chain you all to a desk 24/7, I could be wrong. ;)

3) Also please make it so the UAT is a separate install which can be updated separately. As mentioned by others, installing over the live game with daily builds is a data cap and bandwidth buster. (or is there some workaround for this that I'm unaware of?)
    Cutbait, Delgear and Mandulis like this.
  2. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

I really want to help and be a part of this. But i really can't commit enough time, at that time. to be of any value. Less you wanna pay a wage, then im your man everyday. :CSMWord:
  3. Make time +2 hours and I'd be in regularly. Probably a good way to take some vets out of peak hours and give noobs a chance to git gud :CSMIron:

Changelog would be a huge help to know what to test. Besides that, will there be some kind of priorisation on what to test, or is it gonna be "free for all"?

Will there be a separate platform for the volunteer testers? For example where you can register with hardware specs, etc.? Reporting bugs separate from live would be a good idea as well.

Also, you should definitly give instructions on how to write good bug reports.
    jbregg likes this.
  4. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

Sounds great, count me in (on times that suit european players, at least).
    jbregg likes this.
  5. Mandulis Mandulis Active Member

there will be new content to test also ? like weapons and stuff ?
  6. NinjaPlays NinjaPlays Subordinate

I would be willing to join in whenever possible.
    jbregg likes this.
  7. I couldn't promise to be there every single day, but I would like to be able to do it most days if you would have me.
    jbregg likes this.
  8. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

1) Time would be @ 2:30 PM UTC.

2) I'll likely set up days where we do the test around 4:00/5:00 PM UTC to better suit our EU players. (seeing as there are so many of you)

3) To be honest, not sure if this will happen any time soon. I do agree it's kind of a hassle to switch back and forth, I've got a few ideas about this and I'll discuss them with team.
  9. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

Ideally yes, but this depends on what is actually implemented and when.

Either way, UAT will be the most recent build we have atm and in line with what we're testing over here internally.
    BrotherDamnatus and Mandulis like this.
  10. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

Providing changes would definitely be of use, since it will give people more direction.

During the play test it would be a free for all - ideally simulating the live branch. After that we would be able to conduct more concise testing on anything that we felt was buggy/broken/needed attention.

I'll also send out a quick how-to for writing up bugs.
    BrotherDamnatus likes this.