Background Image

UAT - Testing / Playing with Devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Mar 30, 2017.

?

Are you interested in testing/playing with the Devs on the latest build?

1. I'd want to play but not test.

2. Not interested.

3. Sign me up!

4. I would be interested but the time of the test is an issue.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. This ones better;

[​IMG]

Something just went wrong between that^

And that
    . . . . . . . . .v
    [​IMG]

Think I forgot to edit the delay between frames or something.

Will fix later. lol.
    Gravord likes this.
  2. Gravord Gravord Active Member

I have rather big lore wise doubts about incoming stun grenades and their effect...

"As well as containing the suit's communications array, the helmet's ear pieces screen the wearer from sonic attacks and includes amplifiers to the Space Marine's Lyman's Ear implant, giving sharper hearing and allowing the Space Marine to filter out or enhance specific sounds. The Lyman's Ear also means a Space Marine is unlikely to become dizzy or disorientated, even when hit by strong blast waves."
    "Photolenses - The photolenses are the reinforced eye guards in the helmet that protect the Space Marine from dazzling light bursts. They also allow him to see into the infrared and ultraviolet ranges, as well as enabling vision in low-light conditions."
    jbregg likes this.
  3. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Cool..
    lore also slowly killed this game by forcing us to play standard marine.

It's that same lore that got us to the point of bolters being laser pointers with no recoil.. because god forbid you the player should have to do something like compensate for recoil.. ppl literally gave arguments like: .. But marines have P armor and servo motors and dampening techniques etc etc..

lore is cool and all.. but it does not apply well to this particular game.

besides... consider this... smart bolters are actually lore correct with how the bolter links up to the suit ..

have fun with that though.
    Schwifty likes this.
  4. What I was saying in some other thread. W40k is comprised of several ideological universes/dimensions all with their own sets of physics that dictate how they can work.

What's good for TT / Written Lore / Single player games / Multiplayer games certainly wont translate to eachother with 100% accuracy for the following reasons.

Multiplayer games for example have more than 1 participant which unlike the written lore who only has to please 1 person to keep them reading and paying for more, a multiplayer game needs to be fair on multiple people in order for them to keep playing and paying for more.

Similar logic can of causae be applied to Single vs Multiplayer or TT vs Multiplayer versions of W40k (with the exception that TT requires at least 2 to a handful of people where as EC requires much more, both need to account for each other having fair and reasonable levels of balance in order for each other to keep paying 'n playing)

The same goes for EC, just because the Written Lore / Single Player versions of W40k state that 'Muh Bolter Muh-Reens' beat everything effortlessly doesn't mean that it can translate to EC or even TT because both need to indulge multiple players in order for them to keep paying 'n playing.

Have I made sense? It feels like I have because I don't think I can make it any simpler or descriptive than that. God forbid we take 'Muh Boltur' away from them. Emprah almighty.
  5. Gravord Gravord Active Member

Lore nonsense is the only reason this game is still alive and have any playerbase :)
    If this "quality" shooter was in any other setting its doubtfull game would have more than 5 players peak.
  6. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Thats not lore that's keeping you playing this game.
    That's your 40k addiction speaking =D
    Because we all got indoctrinated by pictures of futuristic knight heraldry and religious symbolism while we were at a young and impressionable age.
    Gravord likes this.
  7. Gravord Gravord Active Member

Well precisely. I indoctrinate myself with Warhammer wiki and lore vids on daily basis and then gotta play here, for fracture of the experience id wish for. But if game looses 40k feel, that login need will most likely vanish with it. Ofc that wont happen over some silly stun grenade that probably almost no one will use over proper krak, but precedenses might lead to bigger and more aggressive transgressions against lore that might be too much at some point.

Btw, ive looked up pistol after your previous post and cant find any connection to smart pistols you mentioned. Can deliver any links i could check?
    Catnium likes this.
  8. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

There are many lore bits scattered around various official sources that give insight on how a bolter links up with the power armor and how the armor provides many things such as aim assist, recoil compensation and a Hud allowing the marine to accurately hip fire even while advancing with what's essentially a 75mm cannon.

This would basically translate into the smart bolter ingame.
  9. Gravord Gravord Active Member

Yes, BUT, it doesnt have stock, which lack of greatly increase recoil. Which in turn is compensated by things you mention. So in no way its a "smart weapon" with lock on as in EC.
  10. Gravord Gravord Active Member

On the side note, sticking to lore and game balanced Stalkers would be rather interesting experience if slightly complicated. Damage should be reduced greatly, to 10-15 points tops due to the bolt design, but with OHK mechanic for heads and 2 shot to the heart in case of Astartes, with slower rate of fire and silenced shots.