Background Image

UAT - Testing / Playing with Devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Mar 30, 2017.

?

Are you interested in testing/playing with the Devs on the latest build?

1. I'd want to play but not test.

2. Not interested.

3. Sign me up!

4. I would be interested but the time of the test is an issue.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Eagle 11 Eagle_11 Well-Known Member

Can be done easy, scorp will decloak on the moment begins charging up strong attack. The long wind-up time of fist type weapons would be enough warning itself.

Any news on the unreal engine update ? the game has fallen behind on versions and its showing (performance wise).

edit: oh and i forget to say: Get on fixing the ork head hit-box issue.
  2. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

I take it you're not familiar with the scorpion claw are you? It's not like a powerfist, it's more akin to a lightning claw that hits as hard as a power fist, with swing-speeds closer to a knife.. they also have wrist-mounted shuriken weapons on them

BUT, they're strictly exarch weapons. Adding that to EC would maybe increase the amount of eldar vets we see in matches, but would also make the fire dragon inferior in terms of AV ttk
  3. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Oh, you mean like Shuriken Cannon, Tempest Launcher, Sunrifle, Hawks Talon and so on?
    These are exarch only weapons you know.

Just like 70% of LSM kit are veteran only.
    Faeruin and Krayt like this.
  4. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

You're mistaking sergeant kits for veteran kits.

But all in all, the matter still comes down to the borderline impossible nature of balancing something like a scorpion claw without it being pointless and just another faction-variant, it would also require new animations (which is something they currently don't have the luxury of adding).

I WOULD LOVE to see it added properly and maybe we'd finally get to see the vet-change that was promised ages ago, which would have made exarchs more prevalent, and vets in general..
  5. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Well the wrist mounted shuriken is probably out of the question, and the attack speed of the knife is completely unacceptable given the damage a fist does. So I'd be fine with Eldar power fist.
  6. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

But at that point (once they've given that to the scorpion) they'll start to yell out for buffs to the banshee, and then start asking for fuegan's axe for fire dragons... problem is always gonna come back to lack of animations on just a base-layer, and then there's the underlying problems with balance etc. As will ultimately lead to the question of "how do you justify giving eldar more, when they're balanced for the strengths they have now, and then start giving them even more?" to which it's inevitably gonna lead to nerfs elsewhere on eldar, making them less viable overall, or risk becoming rather imbalanced as a net result of neglecting balance when adding new things
  7. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Its called progression my Nurglite friend , decay or change , pick your god
    Faeruin likes this.
  8. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

it's not progression if there is no way to implement it when the necessary requirements for it's implementation prevent it from being added.. due to having nobody available to do the job for bare minimum state of baseline iterations of such.
    Cannot have change if all there is to work with is only stagnation. The only form of change that comes based on stagnation is decay, and from the change caused by decay comes a decomposed state, which can become the "new normal". Change without a propellant, inevitably leads to displeasure. And displeasure in excess leads to anger, and from it, hate.
  9. Krayt Krayt Preacher

hmmm i see , you are affraid of change , it will be 80$
    [​IMG]
  10. Suggestion for Carmine B point @jbregg
    What if this area became somewhere to park Rhinos (the upper balcony)?
    Every other map that uses that point has a way to feasibly attack it from above or the upper level[​IMG] [​IMG]