Background Image

UAT - Testing / Playing with Devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Mar 30, 2017.

?

Are you interested in testing/playing with the Devs on the latest build?

1. I'd want to play but not test.

2. Not interested.

3. Sign me up!

4. I would be interested but the time of the test is an issue.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

Just wanted to give my feedback on the current changes on UAT. I like all of them. This update will force team to use a mix of all weapons again instead of simply using the bolter for every situation and with the Nerf to both recoil and spread will force them to take cover instead of dancing back and forth. (I know it's a skill thing but still kind of kills the 40k vibe which this game being 40k kinda needs) It will also make players consider using the other attachments for the gun now instead of only CQC, Textured, and Drum or bust. Along with that the Nerf to the Smart pistol is amazing. After testing it against two jump assaults the thing is pretty bad now and can barely even be used for a finisher. The Lash changes are simple but Very needed since you can no longer stun lock players however with the proper position and aim it can still two shot a shield bro. This should make melee players around the world happier. The plague grenade changes are super nice and it's good to see it become a viable option again since two grenades stacked with each other can now clear a room if there are no healers around however this may be just a tad too strong, perhaps dropping the poison build up to 1/3rd instead of half would help balance it more? (Personal feelings their) and finally the new map changes to Strafelord Summit feel are amazing. Keep up that damn good work @jbregg and @Pierrick
  2. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

The melee-users weren't really the "problem-encountering" players, it was ranged players being stopped from shooting when hit (and it's not a stun, it's an interrupt, basically an action-cancel). Granted, shield-users have via psyker-powers a counter to their shield. But if this was a "fix" to it being effective against melee, the solution wouldn't be to give it MORE range in the 35m range. If it was oriented to be "improved" vs melee classes, it would be firing off at a slightly less frequent rate, but quicker in it's firing, to put more time for return-swings between lashes but not causing it to be impossible to use in melee-range.
  3. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

I just can't get enough of developers responding this way to salty players.
    I can see why not more companies employs that way of communication, but we're pretty much a family here at this point :D
    Ondora likes this.
  4. Ondora Ondora Subordinate

Sounds all nice. thx

Can someone explain me the UAT playtimes pls
    Don't get them.
  5. Mekitoiss URIELFUKKENVENTRISS Well-Known Member

But sometimes i feel myself like adopted:CSMIron:
  6. @jbregg

If you're increasing base damage for Bolt rounds does that mean you're also increasing base damage for Combi-Bolter and Storm Bolter? Both weapons fire the same exact rounds as a Bolter.

Increasing base damage and as a result head shot damage for the Bolter seems all the more reason to never pick up a Plasmagun. Even with the slower ROF for Bolter with the increased damage making up for lost ROF, why would we ever want to pick up a Plasmagun?

It would be nice if you guys could give us reason to use Plasma as a Tac. Before you reply by suggesting we should be spamming the PG's overcharge then finishing off an opponent I'll say that a player having to rely 100% on stunning an opponent with an overcharge in order to be effective with any weapon(to include melee) is not a sound concept. Would anyone seriously suggest we should be relying on a stun to enable us to kill a defenseless opponent with the PG and this dynamic makes the Plasmagun a solid weapon system? That's gimmicky, not fair to the player being stunned and having to rely 100% on a stun to reliably kill opponents requires very specific circumstances to be effective.

The PG in THQ's Space Marine was a solid weapon in both PVE and PVP. This weapons was not overpowered and the overcharge wasn't OP nor was it spammable. Mostly because this weapon hit hard and only fired semi auto very rapidly = rapid fire. We dont need full auto for the PG. We could increase base damage for the PG, double the recoil and rise(give us a weapon that actually kicks hard!), allow 6 to 8 more shots prior to overheating and totally remove full auto.

Another concept for improving PG would include looking at adding a burning DOT after 3 consecutive hits with the PG. Plasma weapons have been described as burning with the intensity of a miniature sun. The problem I see is the fact that the PG and Stalker are both simply variants of the Bolter with different ROF, different skins, different audio files and different damage per shot. There's nothing that really sets plasma apart from kinetic weapons other than window dressing and the overcharge. This is why I feel a burning effect should be considered.

FYI The only time the PG was powerful throughout Alpha and Beta while firing semi auto is when damage was increased back during late Beta. Unfortunately firing full auto made the PG extremely OP during this time and the PG was the FOTM weapon during that patch cycle with everyone abandoning the Bolter. Damage was nerfed and nothing's ever been done since that time.
  7. What about the humble bolt pistol I wonder? You can fire as fast as you can click so there's no rate of fire restriction unlike the bolter. And you're more likely to be using the pistol at close range so any extra spread and recoil wont matter nearly as much as it does for it's long range counter part. All that and an increase in raw damage for the bolt pistol would make it a very formidable weapon.
  8. As it should be. Though that wasn't the intention of my post. I was pointing to the fact that increasing base damage for the best all around weapon in game warrants increasing damage for A, B, C, D ....X, Y and Z. When does it ever end?

Though as far as Bolt Pistol vs Bolter, let's not forget to mention damage drop off for the Bolt pistol is much less compared to damage drop off for the Bolter. A 10 round magazine for the Pistol compared to a 30 or 60 round mag for the Bolter. CQC barrel for the Bolter, long range capabilities.
  9. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Thats not, how this works.
  10. I think then it must be the feel I get when shooting a bolt pistol is that it has no restriction on the manual nature of it's rate of fire. Maybe the restriction is small enough that I hadn't noticed? how does it work then I wonder. I think the question I'm asking is if the adjustments to the bolter should carry over to the pistol version or not and what effect it will have as they are really quite different and serve different purposes.