Background Image

UAT - Testing / Playing with Devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Mar 30, 2017.

?

Are you interested in testing/playing with the Devs on the latest build?

1. I'd want to play but not test.

2. Not interested.

3. Sign me up!

4. I would be interested but the time of the test is an issue.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

Maybe even using some of the buildings they had from the proof-of-concept maps etc, as we haven't really seen that stuff since they showed off the proof-of-concept on stream
  2. Ondora Ondora Subordinate

I'd love to see the part in front of the main playground of Blackbolt reused.
    I also love the part between B and D on Zedek. Would be awesome for Deathmatch etc.

Does anyone know if the doors of pve can be used in pvp?
  3. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

i think not, i am the first to ask for doors and they shit post me in support

cap area are to ez capture, we need doors in every map that we can open, close or destroy(think space hulk game)

and they told me that arkona is a poor planet, so we cannot have doors and push buttons for elevators

holy shit rely good god man even orks have freaking doors

if you rely want a good map use D -day map and battle (every start of ever battle in history are the same as D-day capture, kill every one and hold )
    Vaanes, PlagueMORTARION and Firskon like this.
  4. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

The problem with a "D-day" style map, is that once you get past the "Normandy beach" of the map, you get to a network of bunkers and trenches that are going to force everything into ultra-tight quarters of fighting.. and since EC is a third-person-over-the-right-shoulder-shooter, that limits how tight quarters can be even.. which ALSO leads to the case of where there can be cover in the trenches when defenders are also in those trenches. Bunkers however are easy to make (but would only have a purpose up to getting past the initial push, and the rest would be just clearing trenches).

D-day is a notoriously bad example for anything past that one initial push.. as the whole notion of the battle at normandy was essentially "once they get past, it's lost".. which would be rather boring to play and just a kill-farm for defenders and instantly a loss after someone got past.

A battle like it isn't even representative of how Marines or Eldar fight, almost not even Ork grade. Iwo Jima style would be more applicable, but would require a massively big map to function properly (or if somehow multi-map battles for a campaign or something, where you had to beat a battle to go on to the next stage of the battle on the next map tied directly to it, where there was almost a "campaign day 1&2: map 1, day 3&4: map 2, day 5-7: final map" etc)

You can't really compare many modern day battles to 40k sadly, even if those battles were historically groundbreaking for warfare
  5. Saeritan Saeritan Arkhona Vanguard

Katitof, Krayt and Data8671 like this.
  6. Horus Firskon Subordinate

Really. It's already 2019, and the game is still beta.
    LOBOTRONUS and PlagueMORTARION like this.
  7. Saeritan Saeritan Arkhona Vanguard

Pretty sure it's 2020, actually.
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

na 2021 bro
    LOBOTRONUS and Firskon like this.
  9. Ondora Ondora Subordinate

They've really done it by seperating themselves from us completly(nothing on the support site, no Twitch no nothing).
    Even if they still so their best, it feels like they have forsaken us.

ps: This doesn't need a "because they have" reply.
  10. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

To be honest, I'd gladly take weekly streams where we watched @jbregg & @Pierrick making new maps, working on the game etc.. sure beats having nothing