Background Image

UAT - Testing / Playing with Devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Mar 30, 2017.

?

Are you interested in testing/playing with the Devs on the latest build?

1. I'd want to play but not test.

2. Not interested.

3. Sign me up!

4. I would be interested but the time of the test is an issue.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

What confuses you about something so simple? Is the concept of object-oriented feedback beyond you? Or do you just have to reply to everything I ever write or post because you really have that little occupying your time in a day?
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.
  2. Krayt Krayt Preacher

What confuses me is why the fuck are you asking Jordan to waste his time on this when you could just ask the players that know how to access the files to do it (*cough* Workshop Discord *cough*)
  3. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

You assume that every asset is in the gamefiles? Or are you just that blind to how game-studios work? They don't put every asset they have into the game at all times..

It shouldn't exactly be a big time-requirement to open a new working-space and spawn in assets he has in .fbx files that are not in the .pak files of the game (for obvious reason), and do placement of them in the same manner was done with noah's item-walls, just on a more "large size" format.
  4. Krayt Krayt Preacher

*sighs* sorry to break your dreams
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

could be cool yeah
  6. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

UE4 and Tunnels are not the best of friends, but it's plausible.. but then you have to balance the defenses around that, so it doesn't become the main path of attacker movement (much better if it's accessible through classes like JPA/Raptor/Stormboy/Swoop, to make it irregular but still a potent alternative
  7. Krayt Krayt Preacher

well as of right now i dont see how it could be easyer to defend than the main road to C x)
  8. Krayt Krayt Preacher

i enjoyed it a lot :p
  9. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

Maybe like a skinny mountain-path the width of a single character that runs external the mountain, up to the peak, so you're chancing it taking the route, but would allow you (once you're high enough up) to fire down on C at least. Maybe it should require some climbing too so heavy classes can't go up there and plasma-spam or something, but even in a case like that it instantly hits as "this is gonna be a stalker bolter camping spot".. so maybe the best solution is gonna be creating an undesired path to take that's not viable to attack from until you're actually done with the path and are at the C point.

But.. yet again, more worries then; how easy wouldn't it be to just have one person watching it to prevent someone sneaking from behind via a path like it. Granted, the whole jump-class thing then comes into play once you get far enough up to "fly in" it's not necessary to have a "drop-down spot", bur rather you fly over from cover without ever having direct line of sight on C etc.

There's a ton of possible things to be done, but first we have to wait for the 2nd iteration at least, to see what's altered and what then is necessary

edit: @jbregg random question: Is it possible to rig up elevators like the large ones from PVE to function like the small ones we have in PVP? To look more the part, and be a larger elevator that looks more "40k" in design
  10. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

if you rely want to recycle map, use the other buildings that are not use for cap area

building in siege maps for example