Background Image

UAT - Testing / Playing with Devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Mar 30, 2017.

?

Are you interested in testing/playing with the Devs on the latest build?

1. I'd want to play but not test.

2. Not interested.

3. Sign me up!

4. I would be interested but the time of the test is an issue.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

@jbregg Hey jbregg, since you're making new maps have you considered maybe making an indoors one at some point that uses one of the old game modes? The arena is kind of n indoor map since it takes place inside a larger arena structure, but I was wondering about something more along the lines of the area surrounding C point on Zedek mixed with a little bit of the tower (i think it's c point?) on promethium mines. Having a hold the line or supremacy match in a sort of building complex would be kinda cool.
    Data8671 likes this.
  2. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

their idea of night-map is probably like pegasus lol
  3. Konoko Konok0 Arch-Cardinal

the most fun activity on the new map:

For the full picture not enough music only - Bag Raiders - Shooting stars
    Katitof, Deadknight, Firskon and 5 others like this.
  4. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

[​IMG]
    Stucking-spot by the elevators up to B
    Firskon likes this.
  5. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

Firskon, LOBOTRONUS and KroozaNob like this.
  6. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

All I get from your video is that SoC is OP and needs to be nerfed, even noobs can get kills with it.

Also, I sound fucking terrible, I need to improve my speaking skills...
    Firskon, LOBOTRONUS and Talron like this.
  7. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

Sorcs are the most OP class. Fact.
    KroozaNob likes this.
  8. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

Though it's the consensus that stream of corruption is terrible, when a target just gets hit by one apoth heal it negates your full warp-charge spending because of the insta-full-hp-heal
  9. -WCA-Vola Talron Moderator

Orks do the same thing.
  10. I'm aware This is a WIP. Great to see new content guys!

Feedback on what's discernible in the video.

1. The total and complete lack of cover inside and around the building is a bit alarming. Where are all the rails on the catwalks?

2. The lack of cover and a lack of various types of cover in the sandy terrain. Especially up hill from the initial objective. We do have sandbags and other types of various objectives that could be outside and a few crates and other items inside are needed.

2.1 How about below ground cover? Bomb craters? In every battle zone in the 40K universe they still use trenches and trench networks and there are certainly craters in the ground. Even in cities. A trench should proved overhead cover for a fully standing Astartes with "steps" to step up and fire over the trench.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Again with sand bags or any cover in general, a straight line waist high sandbags or waist high retaining wall is not cover. Where as "L" shaped, "U" shaped or circular formation of sand bags of various heights(waist high to head high) is indeed cover. What we see from most sand bags and linear walls in game, is not proper cover.

3. attackers spawning in clear sight of defenders.

- spawn in blob of death for attackers at the 5 minute mark. Attackers spawn in plain sight of defenders. That's begging for plasma cannon spam right where those guys all spawned in.

4. Avenues of approach or lack there of. When all the attackers spawn into that one location, they have an obvious(to defenders) single avenue of approach up the hill to the objective. This will make camping very easy and gives attackers zero strategic or tactical options.

5. Lack of places to deploy heavy weapons due to lack of cover, lack of hand rails on catwalks, lack of appropriately sized cover where we can deploy a heavy weapon when cover actually exists.
    Firskon and LOBOTRONUS like this.