Background Image

UAT - Testing / Playing with Devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Mar 30, 2017.

?

Are you interested in testing/playing with the Devs on the latest build?

1. I'd want to play but not test.

2. Not interested.

3. Sign me up!

4. I would be interested but the time of the test is an issue.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

I assume when the servers are up you can access like is always the case when they're up
    Data8671 likes this.
  2. MORTARION PlagueMORTARION Well-Known Member

btw.....when?:OrkMoon:
    1.jpg
    LOBOTRONUS and Firskon like this.
  3. Horus Firskon Cipher

When Nathan finish the tea.
  4. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

Servers are up ill be booting the map shortly

CSM vs SM
  5. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

I believe 3 hours and 10 minutes.
  6. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

I'm gonna start it off by saying, I like how vast the map is and feels in it's current state, it gives a good feeling of scale as WH40K should have. But that being said, for how large it is, it could easily have a 4th or 5th objective (rather than the 3 it currently has, as it's scale is gonna give a sort of issue with "lives left" being very low at the final objective).

Now then, on to some suggestions I mentioned to you @jbregg while we were running around.
    [​IMG]
    Add some more of these walkway panels here, that go further around the building (at A)
    [​IMG]
    To this area.
    [​IMG]

The thing mentioned about stairs up:
    [​IMG]
    Up from where the walkways lead into the building, but rather going up to the roof, for a new fresh take on the structure that's being used (as most people are very familiar with it already from other maps all the way back to early alpha).

Area right where most folks enter the building on other maps there's a tile missing, probably bugged, but could be used for something interesting, like an elevator coming up there from a garage below, or maybe going up to the roof.
    [​IMG]

continues:
  7. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

On what's currently the B-building, close off these bottom doors from entry (but maybe make them exits only via unclimbable assets, only possible to go through from the inside and out).
    [​IMG]
    To incentivize using the stair-area you've created as primary entry-point:
    [​IMG]
    Also where it was suggested to have it be a "T-stair" with ways going both left and right (not just left+climb) for aesthetic's sake.

[​IMG]
    Find a use for this tower we ran to, the inside had vast potential with the elevated ramp leading to the doors way up on the building (could be elevators up to the path/ramp area inside, and the doors having walkways out both ways to get to objectives or areas (could be a choke-point pathway that was needed to pass to get to C), could be one of those buildings you put next to the final objective where jump-classes can get up to the ramp as a alternate path to enter and attack the final objective from, so you place small things inside it up along the walls, allowing both wall-to-wall jumping and small spots to land to regain fuel, then get up on the ramp-path and onto some walkways leading out from the doors (going to an elevated position over C or something).

a pit to get stuck in on C:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That building, it's got a cool look to it and could easily be utilized for some cool aesthetic or paths leading to objectives or vantage-points
    [​IMG]
  8. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

On C-point where there'd usually be stairs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Put a fence there, to make it a defense-spot, where heavy classes can mount up guns

Top of stairs here causes character to get stuck and have to fiddle with movement to get over the edge:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Consider using the "garage area" at C as the actual objective room, but be closed off from the outside, and have to use pathways and doorways leading in from above to get in:
    [​IMG]
    Closing off the garage-doors, and making the two stairways seen the points of entry into the room. Fill it with warheads (so attackers are taking the room to blow up the mountain or something)

The phallus-shaped building looks a bit odd due to LOD-stuff at range:
    [​IMG]

More to come later after playing obviously. But missing vehicle-spawner is a tad of a problem for non-devs lol. Considerably LOOOONG way to run from the spawn to even A. Though suggest putting some thunderhawks etc in the spawn area.. and if it's possible, try putting rhino-spawns inside one of them so rhinos come out of it? (assuming if trukks and eldar vehicles can also get out that is)

@jbregg can you take a overhead-screenshot of the map for me so I can get an idea of the layout, and see where certain structures would fit (i.e; photoshop them there to give you an idea of what I'm thinking and put pointers etc)?
    Data8671 likes this.
  9. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

If you purchase rtc on uat it takes you through the usual buying process saying it'll cost you whatever the cost is but once you hit buy you aren't charged anything. You can buy multiple packs of $100 rtc this way to be able to afford all of the items and cosmetics for testing. Naturally, this doesn't carry back over onto live.
  10. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

daytime-weather with just a black-night-ish skybox, needs to be addressed unless it's intended to be a night-map