Background Image

UAT - Testing / Playing with Devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Mar 30, 2017.

?

Are you interested in testing/playing with the Devs on the latest build?

1. I'd want to play but not test.

2. Not interested.

3. Sign me up!

4. I would be interested but the time of the test is an issue.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Krayt Krayt Preacher

i am aware of it thx

2. Not if BHVR would have implemented the Banshee wail closer to the way it's described in the lore. As some of us proposed about 2 years ago.

-The Psycho-sonic wail is projected in a frontal 30, 45 or 90 degree arc. The user swaps between modes(30, 45, 90) using the assigned firing mode key. "X" i think is default.
    -30 degree cone projects the wail forwards covering 40 yards(120 feet)
    -45 degree cone projects the wail forwards covering 25 yards
    -180 degree arc projects the wail forwards covering 15 yards
    -Cone is not limited to being ground based. It's an actual cone that's projected in the direction the Banshee is looking(up, down, straight ahead)
    -a conical overlay on each setting is projected in front of the user and shows the area covered by the cone when the setting is changed. This overlay should be able to be brought up just prior to firing off the Wail without changing the cone.
    -all effected by the wail have slight screen blur, disabled minimap, and 100% suppression, as in those effected can't even shoot their own foot, for 5 to 8 seconds.
    -In addition the disorient effect disables enemies ability to interact with their environment as in those effected can only shoot(with zero accuracy), dodge, activate jump packs or melee. They cant use heals, they can't deploy healing stations, cannot deploy grenades, can't use E for anything, they cannot reload, etc.
    -diminishing returns and temporary immunity to the wail effect. For each time you're effected by the wail in a 60 second period, the effect/duration is cut by 50%. So a 3rd wail in a 60 second duration would have no effect on you as your robust post human or Ork metabolism has adjusted to the psychological and physiological imbalances caused by this sonic weapon. You would not be able to be effected again by another Banshee wail for 90 seconds after the effect wears off.
    -Banshee players would see a colored, glowing aura above the heads of any enemy player that is currently under the effects of the Wail(red aura) or that has temporary immunity to the Wail(yellow aura). This ensures you're not wasting your Wail on a player that's already effected or that has immunity. It also lets the player know which enemy players around them are suppressed. This type of mechanic is needed for all DOTs and spell effects in game IMO.
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

thanks god they didnt do that , its the worst thing i ve heard from these forums and i ve heard a lot of trash
    Last_Exile, Saeritan and ProteusVM like this.
  4. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

It started with 'overly complicated', went on to 'insanely OP' and ended with 'just annoying'

I agree @Njord-Halfhand that the Banshee Wail is poorly implemented, it is essentially a glorified damage-boost where we don't need one, when it should have been a class-defining ability like the Jetpack.
    We have heard plenty of proposals to change this mechanic. Some were good, some were not so good, most of them were probably too much work for the team to consider (again, this is not a priority task for them)

In any event: I see no way to fix the class using the wail that doesn't turn her into a mere debuff-bot. An overhaul could be part of a solution, but its not a solution in its own right.
    Problem is: In-Game-Avatars have no minds to shatter and shattering the players minds isn't helpful. In other words: just spamming those affected with debilitating effects, noise, visual noise or debuffs would certainly be effective, perhaps even balanced, but it would be absolute cancer in terms of enjoyable gameplay.
    If we go with the reality where getting attacked by a Banshee is an absolute nightmare, we would have to literally torture other players to get anywhere.

Regardless. Everyone. I was bringing this topic up here because I wanted Jordan's attention and because it seemed to be discussed-to-death so many times it didn't justify its own thread. However, rather than spamming UAT, if we do want to continue this discussion, which we can gladly do, we should make a dedicated thread for it.
  5. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Or the wail could simply reduce dmg output by X%, being soft CC, playing into banshee breacher role and giving banshee "more hp without giving more hp".
    Vaanes, Saeritan and ProteusVM like this.
  6. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

I am so glad we solved the issue of anyone taking your balance suggestions seriously.
  7. Ondora Ondora Subordinate

I don't get what problem Banshees are supposed to have. They play just fine imo
  8. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

But why should the Banshee get something that gives it more applicability than the psykers in the game? How is that balanced?
  9. Horus Firskon Cipher

The Banshee simply can not reach the enemy and dies very quickly. This is the weakest melee class. It can not oppose anything to many opponents. Raptors of chaos with a poisonous sword and bastards with shields leave her no chance.
  10. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

it's #fakenews that it's the weakest melee, it's 100% the melee class I get the most kills with by playing to the inherent strengths of eldar and it's benefit of the lowest action-execution delays in the game, basically allowing for "lock-on-evades" around targets at the first sign of a melee-attack being released, allowing you get be behind the target at the time of the melee attack being released, and following that up with a evade-attack directly after it (which is most of the time impossible to stop from landing in such a scenario).

The weakest melee class is absolutely ork slugga boys, due to their limited movement and stricter leap-paths in melee, literally allowing folks to walk to the side for them to miss you with melee attacks when even using lock-on.

If you mean "weakest" in terms of pure survival-stats, you're negating to consider stamina as a part of survival-stats.
    Ondora and Arafael like this.