Background Image

UAT - Testing / Playing with Devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Mar 30, 2017.

?

Are you interested in testing/playing with the Devs on the latest build?

1. I'd want to play but not test.

2. Not interested.

3. Sign me up!

4. I would be interested but the time of the test is an issue.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

inb4 folks come and post "best wargear in the game mimimimimi"

I'm all for the blight grenade becoming more prevalent when you see MoN users.

The vet is poison-immune, and the non-vet ones are "poison reducing" but it'd be more fitting to have total immunity for the non-vets even, as those granted the blessing of the plaguefather revel in consuming poison (to them it's like a snack). Even the death guard before they even had the blessing, were drinking stronger and stronger poisons all the time, frequently slurping poison like water that would kill other marines lol.
    Ondora likes this.
  2. MORTARION PlagueMORTARION Well-Known Member

Njord-Halfhand likes this.
  3. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

@jbregg I know I have been bugging you, personally, a couple of times with this and the forums, in general, for at least 8 months.
    Also, I don't think I've tried to bother @Pierrick so far, so I plan to start doing that immediatly.

I was just going to make another anti-Eldar-OP-thread in general, by comparing Eldar meta-builds with their closest equivalent on other factions.
    Then, I did the Banshee and now I am in a really bad mood again.
    The closest equivalent to a Howling Banshee is the Khorne Traitor-Assault. You have the same amount of Lifesteal, the scream vs the Necrotic Chainsword leads to a comparable, offensive potential and you can normalize the stamina. If you ignore the Khorne-debuff for a moment, you essentially get a net difference of 15% movement speed and EHP.
    How much EHP you ask? About 165!
    Banshee meta runs with 180 health, 80 armour and 0 toughness. Khorne TA runs with 230 Health, 150 Armour and 130 Toughness
    260 + 0 vs 380 + 12%
    What this entails is that a Khorne Traitor-assault has similar stats to a revered Howling Banshee! Which, honestly, doesn't surprise me. A Revered Banshee feels about the way you'd expect: You can't afford any mistakes but will do well, if you avoid them.
    And we all know that the Khorne TA is not exactly the most powerful class in the meta either.

Regardless of what you think of the rest of the Eldar: Its not the Banshee's fault! This has been know for a year now, you have known for a year that this class is ridiculously underpowered and you did: Nada. You have been presented with countless proposals on how to improve this class in a streamlined way and you didn't try one of them on UAT.
    You have plenty of people like myself who would love nothing more than be able to play this class, but never do because she is just not competitive in any way.

But, that's the past. Getting angry at you for past mistakes won't get us anywhere. So, what for the future?
    I get it! I get that you don't have the resources and this is not a priority problem. So, for starters: Just add 40 Armour and 40 Health to the base class. UAT-only, zero effort. Sounds excessive? It is! But this is no longer about fixing the class, this is about slapping on a bandaid to make her playable.
    Trust me: You'd have to break her a lot more to get her anywhere close to being 'overpowered'.
    This would still mean an approximately 85 EHP/500LP difference to the (off-meta) Traitor-assault, which IMO should be plenty to compensate for the Khorne-debuff, whatever advantage the scream might have over a Necrotic Chainsword and 15% more speed.
    I'd still hope to see a proper, mechanical rework in the future but for now, all I want is to be able to play the class I love!

Edit: Also, for a better perspective: The Scorpion has a good 80 EHP on the Banshee.
    Vaanes likes this.
  4. Krayt Krayt Preacher

So you want basically the same ehp on scorpion and banshee.. wich is a no no
    And even then if ur banshee was at 340 ehp 100 toughness , banshees get 15% move speed , scream , can be healed by warlock , can be buffed by warlock ... compared to that poor tga khorne
  5. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

And why exactly not? Scorpion is also not a very powerful class, having their high killrate almost entirely because noobs can't deal with stealth.
    As for heals: Useful sure, but not something that will help me in 95% of all combat-scenarios. Enhance is slightly more useful here.
    Vaanes likes this.
  6. Remove enhance and feel freely to buff eldar survivability
  7. Krayt Krayt Preacher

i just dont wanna see a scorpion having same armor as a banshee ... its just ... no... they have different armors but then yeah if its from a balance stand point i guess we can do whatever , but buffing survivability is not the way to go with eldar
  8. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

Lets not go down the rabbit-hole of inter-factional balancing and cross-faction balance comparisons. Lets fix the items that are "bad" etc first, then get around to maybe taking a look at the aforementioned. I'm MUCH more inclined to give a crap about actual content than balance nowadays (outside of straight up borderline useless items being addressed).
  9. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

I completely agree. I just dont see a way to fix Banshee that does not require a full overhaul of the melee-system. So I say: just slap on some armor and make her, at the very least, playable. Even if the class-identity gets lost.
  10. Krayt Krayt Preacher

movement speed ?
    Ondora likes this.