Background Image

UAT - Testing / Playing with Devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Mar 30, 2017.

?

Are you interested in testing/playing with the Devs on the latest build?

1. I'd want to play but not test.

2. Not interested.

3. Sign me up!

4. I would be interested but the time of the test is an issue.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I'm not suggesting that the Fist should be primarily an anti infantry weapon. I'm simply pointing to the facts that:

-the 500% to 780% difference in damage vs infantry comparing lunge and evade attacks to full auto headshots in the same time frame.
    -the fact that a single head shot from a bolter does more damage than a lunge or evade attack from a 400 LP power Fist. The same 400 LP weapon that can knock over a vehicle or rip open a Predator tank does 78 damage per evade attack? Less damage than a single bolt round? That's beyond broken guys. Nothing said can change that fact.
    -The fact that there's no damage debuff for ranged classes that roll and shoot immediately after rolling however melee classes get punished for evading + attacking or sprinting + attacking.

There's also the fact that Anti tank weapons such as Meltagun, Multimelta, and Fusion weapons are about 10x as effective vs infantry as the Fist and Melta weapons do infinitely more DPS vs infantry than the Fist's evade and lunge attacks.
  2. Krayt Krayt Preacher

-1)Comparing 100% accuracy headshots to normal melee attacks and :
    -2)
    -3) you have an accuracy debuff when rolling , and you know what ? when rolling its mathematically impossible to have 100% headshot ratio , wich is considering that in ur math everyone is a god and has 100% hs ratio a damage debuff

-4) there is also the fact that melta will lose to powerfist because of windup and being staggers h24 by the melee strikes
    ProteusVM likes this.
  3. Lets stick to facts instead of talking about each other. Are you capable of discussing the facts of the game instead of obsessing over me?

Are you suggesting that accuracy penalties after rolling or evading in EC have a real impact vs melee in close quarters? The accuracy penalty after rolling has no noticeable effects in close quarters . That's a fact. See video below.

In addition accuracy penalties in general for shooting from the hip and shooting on the move in EC are negligible and nearly non existent. These are facts.

If you have any doubts check out the Hipshot-laserbeam Stalker bolter as a prime example. We can move and snipe from the hip without any weapon sway or accuracy penalty. That's a fact.

The Stalker is just a poorly implemented Designated Marksman or sniper rifle model. Being able to accurately hip fire with a DMR and be VERY effective in close quarters? You're saying there's nothing wrong with that model? Scoped in there is ZERO sway and no noticeable accuracy penalties when shooting on the move. What a total mess, and again, a fact.

Granted the targets are stationary but none the less the point stands. The accuracy penalty after rolling is a complete joke and has zero effect on accuracy in close quarters vs melee opponents. Starts at 1:01

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byGGE81R87M

See any of Leroy's videos if you have any further doubts.
  4. Krayt Krayt Preacher

what is gonna happen if u roll to evade a melee attack ? yes ! the melee retard will keep spaming fast attack therefore u cant shoot him , if you are not in melee range then the roll will effectively reduce drastically your chances of scoring a headshot , in all scenarios rolling will penalise the ranged player by not allowing him to score your beloved 100% hs ratio

oh wait no ur right ... there is one scenario where it doesnt penalise the ranged player .... WHEN HE IS FIRING HIS GUN 5 CM FROM THE FUCKING TARGET DUMMY'S HEAD THAT DONT DO ANYTHING

Edit : take ur time to edit your post for 1/2 an hour before replying , its how we create a "conversation"

Edit 2 : now that ur finished editing i will reply to the part of the post taht was edited

first off , i am the one giving numbers and facts , u are the paranoic that thinks that everyone is obsessed by you and insults u 24/7, i didnt even mentionned you once in my previous post and you say that we should stop to talk about each other , wtf mate

Now you talk about the stalker ... but wasnt the bolter that was in the middle of ur logic at first ? U didnt replied to any of my explanations that used maths and logic but instead you try to drive away the conversation
    ProteusVM likes this.
  5. Ondora Ondora Subordinate

God cheater confirmed?

No seriously guys (and sororitas), no reason to get heated up. It is totally clear that Power fist is supposed to suck against infantry and it does, yet very good veterans still manage to make it work. That's exactly what I'd expect as balance and fit's the profile, and it is worth mentioning that it's the only real one hit melee weapon(even against elites).
  6. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

*slowly puts down fusion gun*
  7. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

Aislinn, Katitof, Corie and 2 others like this.
  8. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

9. Perhaps we can reduce the price of Blight Grenade from 80 LP down to 30LP considering the fact that the 50LP Frag grenade is much more useful and much more lethal in almost any imaginable situation. That and there's also the fact that a remotely deployed healing station or any AOE heal instantly shuts down and mitigates 100% of all effects from Blight Grenades.

Can we at least make the 80 LP Blight Grenade more effective and more lethal than the 30LP cheaper frag or lower the price of the Blight Grenade accordingly?

We're already paying 150 LP for the Mark of Nurgle to equip this 80 LP device. If we are paying a total of 230LP(150 LP MON + 80LP Blight Grenade) for a particular device, we should get a lot more bang for our buck.
    Mainfold and Data8671 like this.
  10. Ondora Ondora Subordinate

Or just finally making Nurgle units poison resistant. It would increase the value of a grenade which aplies poison quite a deal since you could even throw it into own ranks.

When going melee the Blight grenade is quite usefull after 2 NC hits to end my enemies fate. But it always costs me some HP because of course Nurgles children are afraid of a sneeze.