Background Image

UAT - Testing / Playing with Devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Mar 30, 2017.

?

Are you interested in testing/playing with the Devs on the latest build?

1. I'd want to play but not test.

2. Not interested.

3. Sign me up!

4. I would be interested but the time of the test is an issue.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

Obviously there would optimally be a "garage-door" that opened and closed for vehicle spawning, to prevent the doorway-blocking that people do so the vehicle just hits another vehicle (not a wreck), but that's a bit much for the remaining QA guys to fashion out of minimal assets
  2. To be fair, disembarking while the transport is moving tends to act crazy. They changed that at some point to prevent exiting players to be instantly run over, but it didn't really make things better (warping x meters ahead, where x is dependend on the current speed of the transport). While it kinda fixed the run over problematic, it created the new problematic of players spawning in areas they shouldn't spawn in. A better fix would have been to just generally not allow players to exit to the front instead.
  3. Ive never had a problem with it but I almost never disembark a moving tank. That might be the issue.
    Katitof likes this.
  4. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

I do wish the game still utilized the old early-alpha vehicle deploy, where the vehicle had to be stopped and "deployed" so folks could embark from it, and couldn't spawn into it before it was deployed. That system rang much more true
  5. MORTARION PlagueMORTARION Well-Known Member

Oke Boiz i sink about PEHNBOIZ and ummiez mediks ZOG:OrkMoon:
    Today my head blowed up with an idea - what are you thinking about - instead of running into battles by paintboys and apothecaries and standing and trying to heal the character under heavy fire, make charge Syringe/narthezium before insta-inject someone and roll out off the battle. (as example *u are running - pressing F (its charging) then stand right near character and press F again and doing ZOIDBERG*)..............or charge 5 stacks of insta-injections
    And to prevent discussions about *what about beacon*, lets think that we dont have it...NEVA EVA.:OrkDeffskull:

something like that!:OrkMoon:
    Firskon and Ondora like this.
  6. MORTARION PlagueMORTARION Well-Known Member

I WILL FCKING BIT FCKING SHIT OUT OF SOME DEVS COZ OF *nice TEXTURES*

FIX FCKING WALLS PLZ..............

Attached Files:

Firskon likes this.
  7. MORTARION PlagueMORTARION Well-Known Member

no ...IAM FCKIN SERIOUS:CSMWord:.....................ITS ANGRON TIME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGRR
    its 2018 year........and yet maps IN GAME THAT EXIST SINCE FCKING:CSMWord: 2013 (here my mind can be bad coz ANGRON TIME) has i duno u can call it how u want....i call it FCKING DEFECTS...ITS FAILURE...its ridiculous....

its not so big defects...BUT...as jpa I NEED TO REACT QUICKLY to kill and fly away or use terrain to cover my blessed by EMPEROR ass and recover my fuel....BUT I CANT DO THIS STUFF COZ BROKEN TERRAIN!!!!!!:CSMWord:
    its part of mechanics or no?

ok. iam ended.

or may be NOT:CSMAlpha:
  8. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

I'm going to probably blow your mind on this one, but painboys and apos are NOT supposed to heal during combat with anything else then throwable.

You're supposed to pre buff team mates, move in, contribute to fight as much as you can, because you hold a friggin BOLTER and once all enemies are down, pick up crawling allies.

That's how apo works.

Painboy is just laughing stock support.
    Konok0, LucianNostra, Ondora and 2 others like this.
  9. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

Who even needs a painboy when playing orks?

Half the time you'll wipe an organized enemy force going off sheer durability alone, I've almost never found myself needing a painboy for anything other than post combat top-ups.

10. FYI having your squad queue up next to the Apothecary for individual buffs 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 at a time is impractical in a game where we are always moving - moving - moving - moving. Not to mention that line would be a great grenade magnet. There's also the little fact that by the time you get to the last squad mate and get them buffed those you have already buffed, their buff is fading away or gone.

"Line up for Narthecium buffs guys!" The enemy will wait!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

While I'm not suggesting the buffs do not help nor am I suggesting that buffing a small group of 2 or 3 players doesn't work, it's not as simple as you'd make it out to be, especially for those playing in a PUG. Chasing a PUG ally or squad mate all over a room or half way across the map just to try to get within melee range to buff them up gets frustrating and old really fast.
    ProteusVM likes this.
  11. MORTARION PlagueMORTARION Well-Known Member

I corrected you.
    Firskon likes this.