Background Image

UAT - Testing / Playing with Devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Mar 30, 2017.

?

Are you interested in testing/playing with the Devs on the latest build?

1. I'd want to play but not test.

2. Not interested.

3. Sign me up!

4. I would be interested but the time of the test is an issue.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

We've explained it specifically to you multiple times in the past and I'll explain it to you once again with a hope that this time it'll penetrate your skull and gets through to you, so sit down and pay attention:

Single melta bomb and a gentle pat from any weapon can kill skimmer on live since second hp nerf.
    Melta bundle basically allowed Eldar to do for premium cost what YOU could ALWAYS do to skimmers.

Unless for somewhat magical and insane reason you consider eldar needing 0,5 sec to kill a rhino grossly imbalanced, but when TSM does the very exact same thing to skimmer its suddenly "perfect example of well balanced interaction".

Stop being god damn ignorant hypocrite on the topic of melta bombs.

To not completely break following AT weapons in the process:
    Lascannon
    Zzap cannon
    Reaper Launcher
    Power Fist
    Power Klaw
    Krak grenade
    Rokkit Launcher
    Meltagun
    Fusion gun
    Multimelta
    Grav weapons
    Literally all vehicle weapons

So, what seems easier and more logical to you?
    Addressing a single problematic piece of wargear for all factions, or buffing vehicle health across the board and adjusting 20 weapons with completely different mechanics separately?
    Firskon likes this.
  2. Konoko Konok0 Arch-Cardinal

So.. lascanon have 1800 damage? 3 shoot = 5400 damage.
    Serpent have 》5401 hp
    LucianNostra likes this.
  3. Keep it civil guys. @Katitof I don't care how much you don't like Njord that is no reason to personally insult him. Do not do it again.
  4. LucianNostra Well-Known Member

Well that's something than I guess.. takes us more MBs but at least long ranged is 4 shots, if only rhinos had weak fronts now.
    Ondora likes this.
  5. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

Going to do a playtest tomorrow on UAT for those interested.

Things to test:

Vehicles/Melta Bombs change

TLASC buffed:
    reload times go from 3.4 -> 2.8 Empty / 2.9 -> 2.3 Left

Shuriken Pistols buffed:
    go from .08 Shots interval to .09, Damage from 17 -> 19 Close / 8.5 -> 9.5 Far

Eldar Vs SM @7:30PM UTC.
    Eldritch, Konok0, Talron and 2 others like this.
  6. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

See, now we got ya thinking in the right direction! ^^
    Just one thing: TLASC is already meta. This is kinda what you don't want to do: buff meta-builds.
    Although I can't deny it will help in competing with other, tactical archetypes as DA.
  7. LucianNostra Well-Known Member

it is an interesting take, I would think the idea would be to try and make the ASC worth using vs having to rely on the TLASC to compete with bolters n shootas but at least if it's what we're using it'd be nice for it to be better
  8. All of the frustrating, confusing, out of whack core combat mechanics set aside, one of the main problems I have with JPA is the ridiculous mechanic where the 2nd, 3rd and/or 4th boost from the jump pack after our initial take off only boosts our character an additional 2 to 3 millimeters higher per fuel bar. This seems to be because of some built in artificial "max ceiling" attainable per fuel cycle(3 to 4 full bars). It's beyond comprehension.

Was watching Helsreach video number 9 on Youtube the other day, the part where the Stormboyz were attacking the top of the wall during the initial Ork assault. Imagine that, actual jump packs that propel jump troops high enough to get atop fortress walls.

While JPA and melee in general have a myriad of issues in EC, the primary purpose of these types of Jump Troops to exist in the 40K universe is vertical envelopment. I.e. easily scaling high fortress walls and other types of otherwise "inaccessible" terrain. FFS BHVR can we at least do that one thing right? This is out of combat guys. Simple terrain negotiation.

Between the broken vertical boost achieved by each successive boost of the jump pack or the awkward, totally broken method of boosting out of a wall hang(turns you 180 degrees and moves you laterally instead of vertically)or the fact that we cannot regenerate fuel while wall hanging, the JPA in EC fails to fulfill their primary reason to exist in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. I.e. Vertical envelopment.

1. Is there absolutely nobody on staff that can give us a bit more vertical lift per 2nd, 3rd and 4th boosts so we can at least scale 2 story buildings(Zedek objective D balcony from ground level!) and negotiate our way over Fortress walls? We're speaking of simple terrain negotiation, not core combat mechanics.

2. Would it be possible to fix things so that we regenerate fuel while wall hanging? Another terrain negotiation mechanic and an "out of combat" type of deal.

3. It would be really awesome if we could boost vertically, straight UP out of a wall hang in order to initiate a follow up wall hang at a point higher on the wall that we're trying to scale. Or at least allow the user boost in the direction they are aiming their cross hairs when boosting out of a wall hang.

FYI what we do now in game when we activate the jump pack while wall hanging is:

1. Our character involuntarily pushes straight out away from the wall horizontally(almost perpendicular) from the "launch point" where we were previously wall hanging.

2. Simultaneously during step 1 listed above our character also spins 180 degrees away from the wall we were trying to scale! An additional "boost" from the pack right after we push off from the wall only pushes us out horizontally further away from the wall where we were just hanging! Boggles the mind.

These terrain negotiation mechanics make absolutely no sense what so ever in our universe or the 40K universe.
  9. TGM Jencent Arch-Cardinal

@jbregg We still have no plague fist in armory?

10. Anyone that plays the game knows the difference between the two are day and night. You're not painting a proper picture of the reality of current game mechanics and you're misrepresenting how things work in game. The false picture you're painting, that Eldar AV is equal to or inferior to all other AV in game, is clearly not true and your attempts to skew the facts as we know them are apparent to all that read this thread.

To suggest placing 2 meltabombs in the span it takes to type G-G is an identical capability or only slightly better than placing 1 meltabomb + using melta weapon versus defended and/or moving enemy vehicles is simply not true. A myriad of possible factors come into play and in almost every single situation the double meltabomb combo outperforms every other potential AV combo by miles.

In a vast majority if situations when attacking guarded and/or moving enemy vehicles pressing G-G wins and is superior to Meltabomb + Meltagun. Again, that's versus a guarded/moving vehicle. We all know that these are the facts. You know it, I know it, everyone here knows it. So why the facade and false narrative?

You're not fooling anyone here with falsehoods and misrepresentations of game mechanics because everyone here has played the game extensively . We all have experienced first hand the extreme ease of killing moving and/or moving/guarded vehicles with a FD + 2 meltabombs + Lawnmower compared to all other methods. Hands down this combo is faster, easier and infinitely more effective than any other AV loadout and vehicle line up in game. That's versus guarded, moving, guarded and moving or unmanned enemy vehicles. Any way you slice it FD + dual Meltabomb + Waveserpent outperforms all other possible AV combinations in game by far.

Anyone that has even a minimal amount of time in game knows how much infinitely easier, faster, more efficient it is with the two bombs + Wave Serpent compared to any other AV and vehicle method in game versus any type of vehicle in game. Apparently BHVR has finally realized this is well and that's why we're hopefully going to see changes soon.