Background Image

UAT - Testing / Playing with Devs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbregg, Mar 30, 2017.

?

Are you interested in testing/playing with the Devs on the latest build?

1. I'd want to play but not test.

2. Not interested.

3. Sign me up!

4. I would be interested but the time of the test is an issue.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Can we please get back the green Nurgle banner?

I realize it's a minor detail. None the less what we once had was great and looked awesome but for whatever reason it's been taken away. Surely there's a saved file somewhere that contains the green version? If not please take your time and do it right!

Papa Nurgle is watching[​IMG]

:OrkSkull:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Djemo-SRB and Firskon like this.
  2. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

If only animations were there for it Q_Q

Would be the Eldar version of Vulcan Multi-Melta

@Njord-Halfhand there's quite a few small incorrect things in your LP-cost post I would normally take the time to correct (like vengeance sb pen, bolter mod is 50LP, not 20), but a lot of the uniques that are problematic are so simply because they were forgotten when other base versions and other factions' equivalents got changed.
    A few among that list are;
    • Felwrought - Didn't get the damage-buffs when all other plasma got it (it used to be quite higher damage for the extra heat generation, all plasmaguns got damage buffed without heat increase, making it mostly useless in comparison)
    • Vulcan Melta & Warp-Furnace
    • Autocannons and Ace Dakka - Ace Dakka didn't get the Autocannon nerfs back around when Zedek was new, so it still has vastly superior accuracy over Autocannons and even back then when the nerfs happened it took them quite a while to remove it's suppression and neglected to adjust it's accuracy accordingly to bring it in line with Autocannons or adjust autocannons (or MCAC up to Ace Dakka accuracy).
    • Avenger's Duty is just an overall worse ASC than a modded MCASC but same LP as default MCASC
    • Ork shields can be shot through with heartpiercer etc (though one might argue that's not an oversight but rather interesting game design, as it's just a car-door lol)
    • Painboy Smart Sicky Slugga doesn't have any drawbacks over normal Sicky Slugga, it's just a better smart version, no reason to use the others over it.
    • etc
    There's plenty of things that need to be addressed long before minor LP corrections are a critical point to address, but obviously would be preferable if LP pricing was corrected to fit the stats presented.
    But your Boltgun vs Plasma Gun 200 vs 300 point is one that would have to be broken down prior to any adjustments, but 300 is way too much for a Plasma Gun's performance, but 340 for MC Plasma Gun isn't even remotely worth the 40 extra LP. Its MC version charges 40LP more for stats that are not needed reduced on the non-MC one, making it's MC-nature 100% a waste to spend the LP on. Barely a SIPS reduction (0.07°.. not enough to matter in the time it takes the PG to overheat), and a recoil reduction that's so low when combined with the rpm that it almost resets itself back to zero between shots on the standard PG because it's so low combined with low rpm.

edit; GW corrected how plasma is supposed to function with the release of 8th edition clarifying what they meant with overheating and rapid-fire etc.
    In short; Rapid-fire (though counting both for single "tap-fire" type of shooting like the plasma cannon would do, and the "full auto" plasma gun is capable of) CANNOT cause the plasma weapon to overheat, only charged shots do, and charged shots are even more likely to detonate if you push the heat too far (literally risking death on TT if you try to use a charged shot).
    I've gone into it before how the Plasma Weapons should be redesigned to fit GW's plasma clarification, but with the dev manpower EC has it's unlikely to ever be touched (as plasma-weapons still suffer from "action-queuing" due to the game trying to figure out if you're "rapid-firing/tap-firing" or starting to charge, thus causing extra delay in firing making them feel unresponsive and laggy to use)
  3. MORTARION PlagueMORTARION Well-Known Member

@jbregg
    Here are my 5 cents.:OrkMoon:
    How about making it possible to throw a meltobomb at a distance, maybe 2-3 metres?:CSMAlpha:

PS: *no animators* is not an answer.:CSMWord:
  4. Konoko Konok0 Arch-Cardinal

single MB damage 4000 -> 3500
    MB bundle damage for each bomb -> 2700

Sorry for the poor video quality. (in one of test the bomb did not stick, the result did not change, believe me, just before 1st video was not recorded because of the Recorder-video confrontation vs EAC - the first test was successful)

Health Vehicles:
    Rhino\Truck 8000-8100
    Serpents 5400>X<=5800
    Firskon likes this.
  5. I see the Chainblade of Fury is still in limbo and for the most part just taking up memory and collecting dust in our armory.

-Was reduced from 270 LP to 220 LP because it's such an ineffective weapon.
    -CSM equivalent is infinitely more effective at 270 LP.

So what's going to be done to give LSM a viable 270 LP choice as far as Chainswords? We just say "screw it" and pretend this doesn't cause an imbalance?

Suggestions(pick one of the following):

1. Allow us to put mods in the weapon while reducing the ridiculous price of all life leech mods for all melee weapons from 100 LP to 50 LP.

2. Increase price back up to 270 LP, give the weapon a "bleed" effect in addition to doing slightly more strong attack damage. The bleeding DOT would be non stackable and would do 15 damage per tick for 5 seconds.

3. Continue to do nothing. Totally remove this weapon from armory because it's a waste of space and needlessly taking up RAM.
  6. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

You're not getting other factions toys Njord, regardless of how you want to cover it.
    You have a mace that can OHK frontally and you complain about puny sword.

If you want to whine about injustice in unique weapons department, then please bitch for addition of CSM unique lascannon, unique power sword, unique power axe, ork unique big shoota, eldar unique TLASC and many, many more that LSM have and others don't have equivalents of.
    Ondora and Mainfold like this.
  7. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

So a Rhino takes 3 standard meltabombs or 3 meltabundlebombs, while a Waveserpent takes 2 meltabombs to be fully destroyed?

What does a full burst of a fusiongun or meltagun produce damagewise?

Seems like the ttk heavily favours the friends in plotarmour considering there is also lascannons and 2 weakspots.
  8. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

The Chainsword of Fury used to be the single best chainsword in the game, with chainsword speeds and power axe/maul heavy attack damage, luckily it got nerfed during the melee-revamp v1.0. LSM have no shortage of good uniques, CSM has 2-3 good uniques (Abaddon's Grace doesn't count.. but mostly CSM "uniques" are not CSM unique and other factions have versions without mark-limitations), Eldar have about 6 good uniques, Orks have 11+++ (depending on whether you count the tonnes of good secondaries, with increases it a bit more).. LSM and Orks do not need ANY more items catering to them, Eldar and Chaos do.. though chaos have considerably more useless uniques xD

9. Nobody's whining. I"m simply pointing to facts.

What happens with the mace has nothing to do with how shitty any other weapon might be. By constantly changing the subject and trying to divert attention to other in game issues, by not discussing the actual item in question you're clearly showing you have no sound reasons or irrefutable facts as to why a broken, shitty weapon should not be fixed.

The Chainblade of Fury is crappy weapon in its current state. That's a fact. Who cares what the mace does? One has nothing to do with the other. Just as the Skip Launcher is a POS and has nothing to do with how well any Ork weapons are performing, the mace has nothing to do with how well or how poor any other weapon is performing.

Only someone being extremely disingenuous or someone that's extremely uninformed would try to justify the horrendous state of the Skip Launcha by suggesting a better Ork weapon makes the poor state of the Skip Launcha justified. Regardless of the faction effected or where you think my loyalties lie, if a weapon is useless, overpriced or under performing that weapon needs to be fixed.

Just FYI my loyalties lie with the game as a whole, no single faction. Can you say the same?

Just like LSM Vengeance Storm Bolter is a beast and great weapon at a cost of 340 LP. Meanwhile the Chaos Magnificent Combi is a complete and total POS at a cost of 400 LP while it's unique claim to fame is a 20 LP bolter mod being equipped. So for 20 LP for your bolter you get the same exact stat changes that costs +100 LP on the Magnificent Combi. That's broken and the faction effected is not the point, genius. The fact that matters is that it's a broken, useless, horribly overpriced weapon and needs to be fixed.

Rather than assuming I have ulterior motives and that I'm always out to get you, perhaps you consider the game as a whole instead of harassing, belittling and attacking(all of which are against forum TOS) everyone you disagree with.
  10. LucianNostra Well-Known Member

That's what I was afraid of when they said substantially increased, does that take a WS to a 4 shot kill in the weak zones at least (from a lascannon)? Because if not it's barely a buff..