Background Image

Tyranids, A New Brood?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Warsmith_Matt, Apr 14, 2014.

?

Do you want a new community created Tyranid Hive?

Yes 48 vote(s) 59.3%
No 33 vote(s) 40.7%
  1. Warsmith Matt Warsmith_Matt Well-Known Member

Since Tyranids are a npc faction and only exist to challenge players why not let the community have some input in they're creation. Tyranids aren't like the other races where specific characters,gods or themes can only happen within that specific army. They are creatures that all follow the exact same hive mind so a pink Hormagaunt within the Ultramar sector is not much different from a black Hormagaunt in the Gothic sector. So why not let the community in on the creation process that will affect all of us. Devs let me know how difficult this could be to implement.
  2. Erobar Subordinate

Well that will all depend on if EC will be considered canon by GW and if we should consider this Tyranid force to just be a tendril of an already existing Tyranid force or if this should be an entirely new Tyranid Hive fleet that has just entered the Galaxy. Though I wouldn't mind coming up with some new Tyranid color schemes for the devs to try out! :D
    larrence83 likes this.
  3. Warsmith Matt Warsmith_Matt Well-Known Member

Im gonna be honest I don't know the difference between a hive and a tendril so I just made a guess. So from now on just replace the Tendril in the question with Hive.
  4. What about them being part of their own splinter fleet or they just arrived on a crashed Space Hulk.
  5. XavierLight Well-Known Member

Tendril generally refers to when a Hive Fleet separates into small forces and moves in different directions, casting the Shadow of the Warp over a large area of space between the tendrils.
    Avatos likes this.
  6. VoxC VoxC Menial

I would vote for a Hive that exclusively spams flying hive tyrants, just to watch the expressions on peoples' faces as they get chomped by a melee monster that they can't kite or outrun.

But yeah, no. Let's go with the oldies but goodies, like Leviathan or Kraken.
  7. It would be cool if we had a contest and the winner would be chosen as a splinter fleet that would officially be recognized by GW.

Chances of that happening though are probably slim. :(
    Partisan and PlaguePriest like this.
  8. Jaccx023 Well-Known Member

Yes i like this idea, a new tyranid hive fleet, how about instead of the vanguards and scouts the universe has face before(if we all remember the current tyranid forces are nothing more than a small fragment of the huge iceberg we are yet to see),we get a little bit of that overwhelming feeling with a very dedicated warrior caste of nids sure we can see the cassual nids but what if they looked different? maybe a bit more rude even for the standard troops, the devs could add a last stand type of gameplay sometime in the future where a limited rumber of players from every faction can go to a type of exterminatus game play.

Where they will fight to the end against the tyranid forces going against the clock and objectives, i know all the factions are at war but at one point its either they or us, i would really like to get that feeling of dread where you have to stand with your enemies against a greater evil, yes it could be an awsome type of game within eternal crusade but its just a raw idea of mine.
    Warsmith Matt likes this.
  9. Sorry to ask, but is there really a reason to do this? The reason for the Blood Ravens creation was to try and separate it from the overall universe, the same with Captain Titus taking the place of Sicarius in Space Marine. Unless it specifically needs to be separated from the rest of the lore, I cannot personally see much reason for this. Especially with every other army gaining several prominent factions, it would seem a little strange to create an entirely new one for the NPC army.
  10. Warsmith Matt Warsmith_Matt Well-Known Member

There already is a survival mode confirmed called Hives.

Just trying to get the community involved with the game and like I said Tyranids are the same everywhere they don't have personalities or much lore to get wrong since they kill and eat shit 99% of the time.
    Jaccx023 likes this.