Background Image

Twitch - July 17

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KatieFleming, Jul 15, 2015.

1. always the one who died most :p
  2. Katie Fleming KatieFleming Former Community Manager

He wasn't in that match :)
  3. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

he was the only one working :eek:
  4. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Our continent open within 3 years? I've already stated within 2 years. And more continents. Then again, I never believe what I say myself either. Those pesky voices in my head.

And I've been pretty bullish what my definition of a real "open-world" is and what it means. It's the exact opposite of what you state.

Your use of instance is also incorrect. Just running through a zone in WoW in the open will bring you through multiple instances. It's called "phasing". I can pass you through an insance without any loading if I use phasing, I can pass you between zone world instances, without any loading - or with a hiccup.

But that's not an open world and doesn't server our purposes either if there is no content there.
  5. sooo in short... you are planing something which goes above everyones expections...
    sounds good ^^
    Blakklaw likes this.
  6. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Jeg snakker Dansk, var i Kolding og Odense i syv aar.

As to the war council, it works on territory and continent level.

No connection between F2W and the council and nothing that should have one deduct that F2W coming a couple of months later if we decided that, that the council or population dynamics have changed.

The reason we'd move F2W back is two things, paying customers come first, server capacity is limited (I don't own Google Cloud), and it requires work unique to F2W which has nothing to do with the other factions. And I'd rather spend that on something that benefits all factions first.
  7. Sleepylion Sleepylion Well-Known Member

Honestly, you won't even bother walking from 1 side to another even with a 3x2 map, walking in Battlefield Conquest Maps is bothersome enough. Damn I don't even bother walking in 41 square km Skyrim map even though that game actually has features that encourage walking in the first place.

Making battles feel big and look impressive even in 3x2 map is more important than creating a 16x16 square km walking area. It's not that I don't like big map, but with big map I want more big battles, not more empty ghost towns, which PS2 becomes during downtime. Therefore, increasing the player counts they can have in 1 zone is more important, so is having more concurrent players. PS2 concurrency is only at 3000-4000, which is why it has so much downtime.

The reason I love PS2 is because it has many players in 1 battle, and the fact that there are more than 2 tanks in 1 battle, not because it has 8x8 map that I don't even bother moving through 95% of the time, unless I'm flying. PS2 would still be fun if it was 4x4 or 6x6 or 3x3, because those sizes are big enough.
    Bloodbourne likes this.
  8. Eroda Eroda Curator

im hoping EQN new continent size they are implementing is as large as they say because 16000 KM sounds awesome for a MMORPG especially if there are no flight mechanics running for 20 mins to get somewhere would mean dying is a pain and you wont be a tard and do things recklessly
  9. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Don't ever associate me with good intentions again. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Then again, they do have a throne for me there.
  10. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

its ok, I'm operating on little sleep so far this week so my forum time is either when I'm still half-asleep before dawn or when I'm struggling to stay awake once I get home