Background Image

Twitch - February 26

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KatieFleming, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Wulfburk Wulfburk Steam Early Access

That video was before Nathan arrived and the direction of the game changed, fortunately.
    Bladerunner777 likes this.
  2. Frinn Frinn Arkhona Vanguard

Meh, just saying we used to see Work In Progress stuff, can't see how was that a bad thing.
  3. Ohyoupokedme Poked First Blood!

Never have I thought one would resort to corporate conspiracy.

"Quick! Someone hide the Eldar!"
    Bladerunner777 likes this.
  4. Ohyoupokedme Poked First Blood!

I'm defending them against hypocrisy and people who plug their ears and go "LA LA LA"

They STATED that the whole Eldar business this week was a miscommunication between their team. What more is there to say? Anything stated otherwise is just hot air.

Is it disappointing? Yeah, I wish I could have seen Eldar this week.

Are Eldar going to come out? Yes.

Is the game going to launch? Yes.

Is this a corporate conspiracy? Likely not. There's no benefit from disappointing fans anyway.
  5. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

Are Eldar going to have their asses beaten? Yes.

Will Chaos rule supreme? Yes.

Does Nathan wear spandex? Yes. :D
    Spock likes this.
  6. Why are you pissed off? you have spent fck all money to support the game. If anyone's worthy to voice frustration I would be one of them and honestly they have come so far and can take as long as they need because I have more in my life than to just sit around waiting for the full release of this title venting like a public urinal Dota migrant.
  7. Ohyoupokedme Poked First Blood!

Sorry for continuing the defense of BHVR. I just think people are making this into something its not.

When its a couple weeks later and there still isn't any reports on Eldar, then you can come to BHVR and question them imo, but as far as we know it was just a miscommunication and a mistake, so we can't hold it against them.
  8. Frinn Frinn Arkhona Vanguard

Some companies don't like showing unfinished stuff that would make them look bad, sometimes you don't see much gameplay before the game launches - fact.

There are deals with media, giving them exclusive footage is a buisness to bring people to their site - fact.

Conspiracy? Lol I didn't say that to me it's common buisness practice, but okay, that's an easy way to bring down an argument I guess.
  9. Ohyoupokedme Poked First Blood!

I just think you and others are making this into something it's not.

I already posted this, but I say until Eldar are being pushed off halfway into March, all the info we can divulge from this is that they aren't ready to be shown and there was a mistake in communication.

Sorry if I seemed rude at any point in time, arguments tend to be that way.
  10. XRuinX XRuinX Preacher

I'm on both sides of the coin:

1. I understand that the core gameplay needs to be defined first, and that for testing purposes its WAY easier to update and test patches with 2 near identical races than to add 2 more with different animations, etc. for everything.

2. It's a little sketchy when a company that prides itself for translucency claims that the game exceeded funding by far with Founders program and then drops founders program and bring in Steam Early Access. That combined with originally being sold as a massive 1 server pvp and then changing for match-making can obviously show reason for doubt.