Background Image

TTK getting shorter again?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dreadspectre, Jul 15, 2016.

1. So, I've been mostly absent from EC for the last month-2 months trying to not burn out and wait patiently for Eldar to get to a more finished state. I saw the latest patch hit and wanted to try some things. Overall I suppose the game is coming along but I felt like TTK has actually sped up again.

I played 3 matches tonight, mostly SS and I swear it seems everyone has aimbot now or something. I saw that the accuracy and fall off was adjusted yet again but seriously, bolt guns seemed to kill me at the speed of Plasma and Plasma killed me at the speed of Chainswords. Then there was Power Mauls and up just being well...rude as hell haha.

I feel like the clang system is also...not working like it used to. Lots of attacks seem to be slipping by each other now or something...

Of course I did not feel this on my end if I tried playing a ranged character, my Avenger Shuriken could unload fairly close range on a SM and not get a kill, my DR Shuriken Cannon could spray a target and never get a kill either(except for a few times where they seemed to explode for no reason).

So because of this I ask you guys how you feel about the TTK right now? I felt it was feeling pretty decent in the last patch I played(pretty sure it was last patch) but I don't know...it just feels faster right now. Is it just me being rusty and off or does anyone else feel it's speeding up again?

Edit: Alternative take, was it just Eldar being Eldar? Haha
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.
  2. Everyone lost a lot of effective HP, so naturally TTK is now shorter. It will be getting increased again though.
    Grigdusher likes this.
  3. +1. Check out the Game design thread from this month (pinned).
  4. TTK Feels way too fast. I was dropping dead over and over and over tonight. Reaper Cannon being a one shot, one kill snap shot is game breaking, I must have died 50+ times at full armor and full health to one incoming shot from this weapon.
  5. The shuriken cannon or the missle launcher? Cause I had SEVERAL fights where I definitely sprayed the hell out of a SM and still lost the fights and they were not long range.
  6. Fenrir4life Fenrir4life Subordinate

The design notes actually implied that the survivability ceiling had been raised, not lowered... which is not conforming to peoples' experiences, so it seems like some clarification of intent may be in order.
    Forj and Njord-Halfhand like this.
  7. Zargor-The-Unrepentant Zargor Arkhona Vanguard

Don't stand in the way of an AT, wind up attack with slow travel time and you will be fine, same as PC shots (except those have a bigger area).
  8. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

Dont even start that conversation otherwise an army of DR players will come in to "prove" you wrong. Best to just leave that animal for the devs, they know what's up.
  9. I feel like it's almost in a good place (for now). Really my only big complaint at the moment is plasma cannons feel a bit like the A-bomb: If you can see the flash, it's already too late. Just getting winged is a death sentence...