Background Image

Triparte Reaper Launcher

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by vncnth, Apr 21, 2017.

1. vncnt vncnth Member

I'm kind of confused as to what this thing actually does.
    It charges up only three missiles, so as a result fires off burst more quickly, but does starshot get a shorter charge time as well or what?

Also holy shit when did Reaper Launchers actually start doing damage to vehicles this thing is amazing.
  2. Doctor Orpheus Dreadspectre Arkhona Vanguard

Starshot has always done damage to vehicles, people just use Fire Dragons though because nothing beats double Melta in TTK on vehicles.

The Triparte charges quicker but maxes out at 3 missles. It also cools down heat faster on Starswarm shots annnnnd it is better at spam clicking single Starswarm shots(at least I think so, it feels faster and more responsive than the standard launcher).

It has a normal Starshot mode though.
    Sily, Paeyvn and thantrus like this.
  3. Paeyvn Paeyvn Well-Known Member

It also for some reason does 30 more damage per Starswarm Missile. That's not to say it does 30 more than normal, it's just that it didn't get nerfed (again) at the same time they lowered Starswarm from 110 to 80 per missile (lol...)
  4. Doctor Orpheus Dreadspectre Arkhona Vanguard

I dunno I just assumed this was intentional since it's supposed to be a "barrage" mode and the old one can hold up to 6 shots coming out and this one could only do 3. It needed to be able to kill most units in a full charged barrage still or at least get close to it.

Either way, I dig it and use it a lot on my Reaper.
    Paeyvn likes this.
  5. Paeyvn Paeyvn Well-Known Member

Honestly it's the best Reaper Launcher. Though that's not saying much. And no, it was an oversight, not intentional. It can fire 6 starswarm missiles long before a regular launcher can, just does it in waves. Much better for snap firing single missiles too.

Honestly nerfing the Starswarm mode again was our version of a Skip Launcha nerf.
  6. Doctor Orpheus Dreadspectre Arkhona Vanguard

Well shut up then before you get it nerfed haha.
  7. Paeyvn Paeyvn Well-Known Member

Not sure that'll affect it at all. People been shouting about roadkills for 8 months now, including myself, nothing has happened. They finally look to be addressing the issue. On the other hand people have been saying to buff Starswarm for about 8 months since they overnerfed it and admitted to overnerfing it and stating they'll bring it back up some in the next patch THE FIRST WEEK OF LAUNCH.

I feel like asking for buffs on things gets them nerfed and screaming to nerf things gets them ignored at this point.
  8. Shiani Brujah Preacher

Or, more likely, they just give lip service to player questions and do whatever the fuck they like.
    DeltaGun and Paeyvn like this.
  9. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

The Triparte is really crazy powerful. A Dark Reaper with a Warlock buddy was able to singlehandedly suppress the walls during a fortress map. I think it's Agnathio withe the statue next to A that obscures Line Of Sight with the two platforms of B. My dude was able to shoot from cover behind the statue and still score kills. Opened my eyes to how I need to git gud with my own under utilized Reaper.
    Dragonkindred likes this.