Background Image

Toughness

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Nhakt, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Nhakt Nhakt Recruit

How much toughness do you guys run?

What class has the best toughness?
  2. Kageshira Kageshira Active Member

120, rarely 130.
    I think you can reach 150 easily as Nurgle Traitor.
  3. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

I usually run 120, which is just the red tier armour. Rarely run 130 (gold tier)

Best LSM class for toughness is Devastator as, I believe, they're the only LSM class with a toughness wargear item.
  4. Slird Slird Active Member

Nope. GA still exists.
  5. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Don't play GA so didn't know that. What's the max toughness for a GA?
  6. Slird Slird Active Member

150 iirc
  7. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Same as a Devastator then.
  8. As much as I can get, given point-for-point it's still a very good solution to not dying. It is 100% ignored by fire/ melta weapons (but rolling/ evading lets you ignore a lot of it with i-frames), and power weapons with the penetration mod and the very occasional plasma gun can also do some hurt to these builds, but if you stack health and armour it's far more expensive, more armour also taking longer to fully regenerate and in general having less space for guns. Think of toughness as increasing the quality of what HP you already have.

Veteran Devastator is the only Marine that can reach 160t. Otherwise, Dev and GA can get to 140 or 150 pretty easily. Only the Tactical feels left out. Is is less of a concern for heretics and greenskins.
    ArchKnightHough and Imperator5 like this.
  9. VexusH VexusH Recruit

Ground Assault has a mod to add 20 toughness on top. With Relic armor that's 150.

I will stand by the fact that Relic Armor has more intrinsic value than the others, with reduced regen rate and increased toughness. Every Tactical and Ground Assault Marine (And HB Devs) should be running it.
    DAG42 likes this.
  10. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

130 on my tac, no reason not to