Background Image

Total War: Warhammer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Valrak, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Frank FrankM Curator

2. Orkus Pokus Trenchwar Arkhona Vanguard

pre-order...so it's paid DLC.

They said there would be a free faction after launch (assumed bretonnia likely), now there are beastmen but no news about wood elves, bretonnia, or high elves, I find that weird.

Edit1:

Found it: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_WARHAMMER_Future_Content_Blog

"Free-LC
    Over the last few years we’ve been releasing a load of free content alongside updates and paid-for DLCs; from new playable factions and units, free additional formats like Linux and Mac and even an entire Campaign Pack expansion.

For Total War: Warhammer, you can also expect a selection of content covering more of the iconic good stuff you’ll see in the main game; from new units offering new tactical potential in battle, to new magic lores to augment certain races’ spell-casting arsenal. Perhaps most importantly for long-term replayability, you can also expect to see the occasional new Legendary Lord who will shake up a race’s strategic potential in interesting new ways. Last but not least, towards the end of the year we will add a new playable race to the game, including new Legendary Lords, magic items, quest chains, and units. The image below gives you a rough idea of our plan on this, subject to change. The best way to keep up-to-date with new content as it drops is to follow us on our official Social Media channels, where we will always be announcing the latest news as it happens."
  3. Not exactly cheap DLC either.
    Dark-Knight likes this.
  4. Phalaris of Akragas Phalaris Nickname Change

Great more DLC...
    Well, I couldn't care less to be honest as I never bought the game in the first place but it just sickens me how many people are so easily persuaded or in this case manipulated by companies like Sega.
  5. Dark Knight Dark-Knight Nickname Change

I was actually quite surprised by the hike in price.
  6. Frank FrankM Curator

price we get for 2 free factions?

oh wow, no wonder.
  7. Sleepylion Sleepylion Well-Known Member

My 2018 Steam winter sales's wish list:
    • Warhammer Total War and DLCs - checked.
    Galen likes this.
  8. Since I completed My Chaos Campaign, and played a little of the other factions.....I don't think I've even booted the game up
  9. The DLC adds Beastmen as a playable Grand Campaign race and it also adds a mini Beastmen vs Empire campaign. Unknown as to whether you can play as both factions or BM only.

Patch that will come out when it goes live will add Beastmen faction to the game even if you don't buy the DLC, but not playable. Just another lovely horde faction for Empire to deal with, since CW and Savage Orcs weren't enough.

Also adding the Amber wizard hero for Empire, with the Lore of Beasts.
  10. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior