Background Image

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Announcement Cinematic Trailer !!!

Discussion in 'Other GW Licensees' started by Brother-Bardiel, Mar 31, 2017.

1. God Emperor Hogan Dreadspectre Arkhona Vanguard

So I haven't gone to the website but does the game still have the races from TW:W with these added in this time around or is TW:W2 only going to be these 3(4) at the start?
  2. Colapse Colapse Forum Beta Tester

Basically, they will merge the new game and its content with the old one, giving you a singular experience. So yeah, every old race (8 old ones) and 4 new ones will be playable in the grand campaign.

Direct quote from steam page:

About Total War™: WARHAMMER® II:

The second in a trilogy and sequel to the award-winning Total War: WARHAMMER, Total War: WARHAMMER II brings players a breathtaking new narrative campaign, set across the vast continents of Lustria, Ulthuan, Naggaroth and the Southlands. The Great Vortex Campaign builds pace to culminate in a definitive and climactic endgame, an experience unlike any other Total War title to date.

Playing as one of 8 Legendary Lords across 4 iconic races from the world of Warhammer Fantasy Battles, players must succeed in performing a series of powerful arcane rituals in order to stabilise or disrupt The Great Vortex, while foiling the progress of the other races. Each Legendary Lord has a unique geographical starting position, and each race offers a distinctive new playstyle with unique campaign mechanics, narrative, methods of war, armies, monsters, Lores of Magic, legendary characters, and staggering new battlefield bombardment abilities.

Shortly after launch, owners of both the original game and Total War™ WARHAMMER II will gain access to the colossal new combined campaign. Merging the landmasses of The Old World plus Naggaroth, Lustria, Ulthuan and the Southlands into a single epic map, players may embark on monumental campaigns as any owned Race from both titles.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/594570/
    AddyRedrum likes this.
  3. God Emperor Hogan Dreadspectre Arkhona Vanguard

Ahhhh...so really it's more an Expansion than a new game. That works.
  4. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

Loving this, but I'm a little confused about this tho. will the first four races be able to colonize areas in the new map?
  5. Colapse Colapse Forum Beta Tester

Yes, pretty much so. Although it'll probably cost 60 euros :) Which shouldn't come as a surprise given the fact every race pack (outside Chaos) so far was 17 euros, so x4 = 61 :)

That's a good question, I have no idea haha. Dark Elves will probably be able to colonize High Elf cities and vice versa, Lizardmen have their own cities where they live at while Skaven might be able to take Dwarf\Orc stuff.

Thing is, in that steam post they mentioned they'll be making Southlands (besides Naggaroth (DE), Lustria (Lizadrmen) and Ulthuan (HE)) map, which should be a mix of Skaven & Lizardmen territory that is also connected with the World Edge Mountains to the very south eastern part of our current map. So there will be ways to get there on foot I guess from our current place. However they are obviously not creating a whole slice of the map south of the Badlands (directly south from our current map) which is Tomb Kings territory aka Land of the Dead. I see that as a piece of the 3rd game or an expansion pack, depending how they build the map.

So I guess we'll see some interracial settlement taking - Empire could probably take High Elf cities, I don't see why not haha - if you start stretching lore a bit like that, everything is possible :)
    Brother-Bardiel likes this.
  6. God Emperor Hogan Dreadspectre Arkhona Vanguard

Hmmm...what is there even left to do for races?

There's the Tomb Lords but what else?

Ogres?(Could be pretty fun)

I can't think of any races missing aside from those two now.
  7. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

Chaos Dwarfs!
  8. God Emperor Hogan Dreadspectre Arkhona Vanguard

Heh, were they ever officially recognized with their own army book? I think the only models I ever saw for them were Forge World ones and it was only a handful.

I'm thinking the 3rd game is going to need to go back and give a bunch of new units to the old armies or something, it's looking a little sparse on new factions.
  9. Colapse Colapse Forum Beta Tester

Tomb Kings, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dorfs maybe and definitely Daemons of Chaos :)
  10. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

I don't think they had an army book, no. But I mean they are in the lore and all so I don't think they should be disqualified as a DLC race for not being a proper TT army.