Background Image

Too many unused polygons on Rhinos?

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Tychus, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Tychus Tychus Curator

In some ocassions,the camera goes inside some vehicles/structures when you get killed, and in some situations i noticed that there is an interior for the Rhinos ( Space Marine,i dont know the chaos) and is textured too.

Isnt too many unusued polygons for something is never is going to be see?
    Algernon likes this.
  2. BIg Time EBola Houngar Active Member

It may be there for a future update, many times dev teams like to lay down groundwork in advance. However i would say that it was probably something that was scaled back, other thing to keep in mind is that they buy many assets so it may just be something that they bought
  3. This is gonna sound incredibly harsh, but nothing that BeHaviors dev team completed to date has shown foresight. From the very start of Eternal Crusades game's development their method has been "drive by the seat of one's pants" aka rely on instinct rather than logic or knowledge.

They are adding features and working hard at Eternal Crusade, but I wouldn't expect any surprises at this point. I think the games performance would be greatly enhanced by a reduction of models polygon count, but developers have their own busy agendas to attend to.

While on the topic, another great performance enhancer would be reducing particle effects and visual effects of just about everything. The game is like one big firework show and I'm sure that it greatly reduces performance, especially on lower end PC's.

Lighting effects and shadows have always been an issue in a games performance. Unreal Engine 4 is very focus on looking shiny and gorgeous, which is great for single player games but not so great with multiplayer games.

There are some great solutions and possibilities, but when you look at development trends over two years, its really hard to expect anything more than what they actually deliver on a regular basis.

That being said, EC is a decent game. Its the only 40k battlefield game of its type, which means that until someone else comes along and does it better, this game will continue to have a decent following. The developers work hard and are really wonderful and devoted people. New content will continue to come out and one day we may all look back at the old state of the game and laugh at our harsh criticisms.

Here is hoping for the future!
    Houngar likes this.
  4. BIg Time EBola Houngar Active Member

[QUOTE="Here is hoping for the future![/QUOTE]
    I think you misinterpret what i said, i said it may be in there for groundwork but it was probably in there because something got scaled back. you dont sound harsh at all :p, just sounds like you wish for best but still realise that updates havent been what most hoped for!
    Algernon likes this.
  5. I did misunderstand what you meant, sorry about that.