Background Image

To the veterans

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by KroozaNob, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Smorcest Elector Eternal Battles Moderator

reading steam reviews is heresy
  2. Smorcest Elector Eternal Battles Moderator

I would like to believe most vets have by now 1 year after launch played and tested every faction.
    Durash, ProteusVM, bossjesse and 4 others like this.
  3. KidMeatball KidMeatball Steam Early Access

The Bro vets have specifically been running LSM lately, for a number of reasons. One is to
    help give some hope to the noobs who join the game. If we can help them win more matches, they are more likely to stick with the game. Getting totally stomped is no fun. Another reason is a bit selfish. LSM is a faction we haven't recruited much from, so there is some new blood for our ranks in there as well. Plus its a nice change of pace. Chaos is pretty OP in my opinion. Although I do find LSM to have its own form of OP, it is just a little harder to grasp for noobs.
  4. I just started playing my LSM char about one or two months ago... before that he had like 2-3 matches from playing with friends on release. It's bad, but not as bad as I expected. But winning with LSM feels better than winning with any other faction. Like you really accomplished something.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  5. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

Someone has to try and point them in the right direction.
  6. And leave LSM with only newcomer pugs facing veterans? That's how LSM got buffed in the first place. Then when the organized teams come back to LSM, they are unstoppable, even vs other organized teams. How about NO...
  7. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

You can lead a horse to water.
    But you can't make it mass murder whole ork populations.
  8. 744545.jpg
  9. Mikhail Chiasso Lord_Chiasson Arkhona Vanguard

I always play LSM now. It is very frustrating more often then not. But, when you can finally get the newbies to actually work together and see what teamwork can accomplish its worth the yelling and swearing I do into my mic(good thing its push to talk lol). I also like to think it helps maybe in some small way with keeping newer players coming back into the game. Also its a good way of showing em their endless bitching about certain factions being OP is really just a myth to explain away bad teamwork.
  10. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

Since I wasn't the one to reanimate this thread, I'll add my updated opinion.

I got used to loosing, I just shrug it off. On the other hand, when we win, it always feels deserved, which is great.

HOWEVER, good Gork and Mork the salt.
    Bunch of lsms start insulting the enemy team no matter whether they win or loose.

Clearly it's not the entire team, but at the end of every match the chat starts going out with quite harsh insults.

Definetely veterans should help new players, but they need to also set the mood for good sportmanship.
    Bugz likes this.