Background Image

To Sail Amid The Seas Of Fate - Jorimel's Eldar Rp

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jorimel, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Kal Kalle Arkhona Vanguard

The Corsair of Commorragh walked by her young Saim-Hann counterpart, who had for the first time since anyone had met her been stunned into silence. She nodded mutely in answer to the compliment, though her eyes only flickered to her sister in swashbuckling for one heartbeat before she stared back after Alo again. A grimace twisted the fair girl's face, and she switched off the power of her spear. Looking about their number, she approached the non-combatants Avrielle, Talis, and Firnweth. "I'm glad to see you in one piece, youngsters," she told them, cracking a weak grin. She looked aside to the 'Ambassador'. "And you, my lady," she said more seriously.
    kanila, Colapse, Uriel1339 and 2 others like this.
  2. kanila kanila Subordinate

Faenkon brushed himself off, a few minor bruises shouldn't slow him down too much. As Avrielle approached to check on him he gave her a small chuckle. "It's not too bad, I've had far worse. As long as we are all in one piece we are still able to find our prize." Once she had moved on to check the others Faenkon and his drone set out to survey the area so that they would not be caught unaware by any more dangers.
  3. Wata Wata Arkhona Vanguard

Alo stopped lazily at the mention of his name, like someone had tugged a string on his back. His posture was a little hunched, before he straightened his back and looked off into the distance without turning to look at Lysandriax.
    Winterheart was about to say something but it just came out as a heavy dejected sigh.

He turned his side to Lysandriax and looked at her, his gaze looked like it went through her, mind a million miles away.
    "How am I supposed to live with myself now that it finally sunk in?"
    Alo turned his head downwards, look of defeat and resignation clear on his features.
    "I can never face them...her again."
    He couldn't go back home, Alo couldn't bring himself to it. He had always been just one big disappointment to his Craftworld. Farseer Salianna's failed project, that's what he was now, everyone had warned her that it wouldn't work out for him. Now they were right.

He turned away and walked to a rock, dropping his rifle on the way. He sat down and buried his face in his hands. Nothing to do now but waste away and drown himself in self pity.
  4. Colapse Colapse Forum Beta Tester

"I'm fine as well. That was a good, clean fight," came the Reaper's response, unlocking her helmet and placing it on her hip. Her long blond hair fell on her shoulders freely before she tided it up in a low ponytail. It felt good to be without the War-Mask once again, she spent too much time on this mission ready for combat that the lines threatened to blur from time to time, not though that she mentioned it to others nor let it affect her enough for others to notice. However now a deep sigh left her lips as she looked around the ancient ruins.

"What do you think," she spoke again, asking none in particular as she placed her hand on one of the stones, "Is this the place? Have we finally reached it?"
    kanila, Jorimel, Kalle and 1 other person like this.
  5. Talis looked at Winterheart as he began to tear everything off and cocked his head. He didn't very well know the ways of craftworlders but that still seemed very off for anyone, what he was doing. Nevertheless he sighed softly and gently pet the Saurid while he followed Avrielle to the others. He didn't have much to say after what happened, and no one seemed to need him so he pulled out his notebook and went to the dead creatures to study them real quick, see if he could gleam anything.
  6. BlackNecron BlackNecron Arkhona Vanguard

Onvar could feel his warmask slipping back to it's place when the battle ended, and his spectrum of thought slowly widened back to a point where he could think normally again.
    After taking a look at the sand star's remains, Onvar nodded in response to Talis' remark.
    They didn't look especially appetizing anyway.
    But when he turned around, he felt himself baffled and concerned by the situation that unfolded before him. The one called Winterheart, a dire avenger just like him, was, at least from his perspective, on the verge of mental breakdown.
    He watched the dire avenger closely as he walked by, and he could nearly feel the aura of self-pity surrounding him.
    Very concerning.
    To those that were born on a craftworld, the path they chose was everything. The walls and restrictions, meditations and principles, yes, they were what kept them focused, kept them sane. And now Onvar had to see one of his kind step towards what could only end in tragedy.
    To the reaper's question, he answered absent-minded: "We'll see. At least it should give us a hint."
    He then slowly followed Winterheart. This had to be dealt with before it went out of control.
    On the way, he passed by the Commoragh Corsair, Lysandriax. "May I have a talk with our cousin? I fear breaking with the path now will prove destructive not only for himself."
  7. Jorimel Jorimel Well-Known Member

Lysandriax paused, and then she nodded.

"Perhaps this would be better addressed by one versed in the Craftworld ways," she acknowledged quietly, resting her hand briefly on Onvar's shoulder before stepping back. She nodded to him and added, "Should you need assistance, I will be with the others." She walked slowly back, holding up both hands in a gesture of gentle forbiddance to Avrielle as the little radiotech made her way towards Alo.

"Not yet, Sister. He needs his own Path-kind."
  8. Kal Kalle Arkhona Vanguard

Maesanai gave Talis' shoulder a clap as he shuffled over to inspect the deceased animals, while the Saim-Hann girl followed after Avrielle, who had been stopped mid-stride by Lysandriax. Mae came up behind her and slipped an arm about her shoulders, putting her hand to the nearest and looking down at the smaller Eldar. "It's probably best --- leaving the Path by choice can be trying. To lose sight of it... Is even more so. I am sure Onvar can take care of his Aspect-brother," she said confidently, attempting to inspire some of the same in the young radiotech with a smile.
  9. Jorimel Jorimel Well-Known Member

As Vella put her hand on the sun-warmed stone, she could feel the faint sense of age that pervaded it even without opening her psychic senses. The ruins felt the presence of time, yes, but they also bore the countless impressions of Eldar. Passing and re-passing, pausing to speak, to feel, to be within the circles of their home. It was old, possibly even older than the Fall, but it did not feel as though it carried hidden treasure beyond memories. Perhaps the Warlock, Morvan, would have been able to tell more. A shadow fell across her: Faenkon's returning drone.

"I don't sense any great treasure here," Lysandriax said, cautiously, "but my senses are not the strongest in that plane."

The drone bore its data to the Ranger, who could recall it and study it with ease now he had become used to the technology of the Ancients. The layout was clear, or at least as much as he could see above the sand. The debris of ages was partially cleared by the scouring winds but the larger, roofed building that Talis had spotted was the only one that might hide something more. There was a road out, continuing towards distant mountains, but that was all else aside from the well. In the depths, an aerial view showed a faint darker trace - buried water. Probably potable.

Talis knelt beside the nearest dead sand star and examined the cooling corpse. It was already starting to break down, a deliquescing liquid staining the dirt around it. Hunters; using the camouflage of the sands, they hunted in small groups. The smallest one was curious - as he examined it, touching it gingerly with a rock, it leaked a little electrical discharge.

@kanila @DaKaptin @Wata @Colapse @Kalle @BlackNecron @BadDo9 @Casavay
    BadDo9, kanila, Kalle and 2 others like this.
  10. Kal Kalle Arkhona Vanguard

While Vella and Lysandriax exchanged musings about the ruins' nature, Maesanai had moved back to join them, though rather than looking at the one individual wall or this rock or that doorway, she propped her spear up against one of the walls and attempted to scale it, to gain an aerial perspective of the ruins as a whole. Perhaps a new view of their surroundings could divine more.
    kanila, Jorimel, BadDo9 and 2 others like this.