Background Image

Time To Take My Helmet And Join A New Squad...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by PatrickBalthazar, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Fellow Crusaders,
    it is with a deep hurting feeling I have to announce that I will move on to a new opportunity that has very recently emerged.
    There is a whole new group of Xenos to be fought on a different battlefield and I swore to the Emperor to take care of that!

I will be leaving the Eternal Crusade team this week and will start working soon on a new project, in a new studio here in Montreal - I was 2 years on this project, basically since the beginning of it and I had a great time and got to know so many new talented people. In German we have a saying "With a laughing eye and a crying eye" I am leaving BHVR to help friends to build a new studio with a new project where they wanted me to lead the technology - this is a one in a lifetime chance and I am happy I am able to take it!

I will forever stay a Crusader in Heart and will not stop following this great project, but I need to follow my heart to do what I have not had a chance to do before - go smaller, but make it grow!
    Challenges emerge regularly, some good ones some bad ones - EC was one of the best ones ever - the next, in perspective even more challenging!

Feel free to contact me with private messages or follow me on twitter @lordpada I will still keep talking to you and all Crusaders, and well, I still have some connections here in the EC team and I am not afraid to use them!

Farewell,
    Patrick Balthazar
  2. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

:(
    wait a moment the friend is Miguel? :eek:
  3. Crioxus Arigulius Crioxus Arkhona Vanguard

Ouch...
    Miguel...
    Patrick...

Kaldor-Draigo likes this.
  4. no it's not - I do have other friends too ;)
  5. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Oh come on...... come on.......

Its like everything is falling apart... my hope and faith for the project is getting bleaker.
    Just when all these new things were starting to get announced, when it started to rise up from the whole mess that transpired recently.... when the sun started shining again on the project with a renewed vigor..... now this is like a punch in the gut....

Good luck to wherever you go Patrick, shame to see you go.
  6. DJPenguin DJPenguin Cardinal

Best of luck to you Pat! Thanks for all your hard work :)
    Psyctooth, MiguelCaron and Galen like this.
  7. FabricatorGeneral Unbihexium Forum Beta Tester

But who will tease us about the secret engine and make the pikkoservers work? Who will tell the team not to do those CPU-consuming things they want to do?
    You will be missed Patrick ;_;7
  8. Ironoak3HG Iron Curator

Patrick, man this is amazing! I can't think of a cooler thing to do than help start a company from the ground up! You get to help put your ideals and ideas straight into something nascent and watch it grow! I only pray that the mercurial nature of the forums don't immediately declare EC as going downhill simply because of a roster change. You will be missed! We hope you have a some influence over who gets to replace you!
    HAXTC, Psyctooth, Trof and 2 others like this.
  9. Proof or it didn't happen!
    MiguelCaron and Galen like this.
  10. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

Good Luck Patrick, thank you for all your hard work and effort on the game so far. Thank you for coming to VM and answering all those questions at the start of game development. I hope you go on and do great things, you shall always be the Emperoer to me, the Ellison is a lie!
    Psyctooth and Aritol like this.