Background Image

Thunder Hammer Showcase (Workshop Content)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duximus, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

Thx for info. Well I still have plan to reskin some items anyway.
  2. Asheru is a SPAMMING HATOR, BAN!
  3. Caentyr Caentyr Subordinate

A Thunder Hammer?! HELL YEAH! I can't wait to see-

so......so no....no...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

anything that requires new animations is almost certainly a no btw - because getting a fan animator to mimic mo-cap animations perfectly is likely to look very, very awkward.
    Elector likes this.
  5. Not unless you enjoy beating your face against the brick wall and other forms of self flagellation. Trying to use Maces and Axes is frustrating enough. The Fist in melee vs infantry is even more frustrating. You're hitting air more often than hitting opponents with this 400 LP fist where as a two handed, 200 LP bolter hits and hits and hits like a champ coming out of a roll vs a Fist wieldiner WHILE THE FIST USER IS IN MELEE RANGE the entire time.

My guess is that BHVR will simply add this item as a new skin, though I'd love to see new weapons and new effects.

Rather than slowing down weapons, which is a lame method of balancing 1 handed axes and mauls, simply mirror the damage of mauls and add a new status effect, i.e. "Crushing" damage, which results in screen blur/screen tilt, stamina drain, and/or extreme suppression x 5 seconds. Keep the one handed hammer the same speed as the maul or Axe.

Just to showcase how utterly silly the model is for axes and mauls, i.e. making them so much slower than swords. Going with this model 2 handed weapons in EC would have to be so incredibly slow and therefore so inept and ineffective, using one would be a death sentence in EC. FYI handling 2 handed weapons IRL is actually pretty fast because you're using two hands.

I have a practice Zweihander/Montante that I use in an alternative work out routine to augment my kettle bell routines. Though it's a beast to wield, it's not as painfully slow as BHVR would have to implement their two handers in game based off of the painfully slow model for their 1 handed axes and mauls.
    Duximus likes this.
  6. DoomJester DoomJester Arkhona Vanguard

Wouldn’t mind it being one handed personally, there are one handed ones and will continue to be. Would be kinda if there were to ever be two handed, but as others noted, hard to accomplish with the same flavour as what’s currently in and hard to expect from the devs w/out a surge of support on the team or over a long, long time, I’d imagine.

As to stats...currently would opt and imagine it’d fall into the mail category, due to ease and working within their means, I wouldn’t be opposed to trying it out as an in between though, for the sake of testing or make it a unique weapon in that it’s more potent against vehicles but suffers somewhere else.

I’ve also wondered, has it been considered taking the strong attack animations and switching them with fast one? Just a thought, honestly haven’t really considered the consequences of doing so, but could be interesting, maybe for some new weapons like a hammer.
  7. Smorcest Elector Eternal Battles Moderator

very nice model, but without new animations (which is 99% not happening) it would probably just act as a powermaul reskin.
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.
  8. Too slow to matter. Inb4 dead weapon.
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.
  9. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

Like I said I don't have specific stats plan for this model. nor devs gonna allow it to put in workshop.
    It all depends how our future workshop is going to be like.
    I say they will put it around January 2018 and probably allowing reskinned content only.
    Well I don't mind too much of thunderhammer being reskinned version of maul but it's gotta have some cool effect and sound.
    But most of all. Will GW permit this.
    Thunderhammer is Identical weapon in wh40k wargear.
    Anyway I gotta lower that poly and start thinking about next stuff to make.(prob stormshield skin)
    LucasDominus likes this.
  10. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

When you put something to Workshop can they directly put it into the game or it's just a design? And I want the FUCKING DARK CRUSADE ACCURSED CROZIUS!

And CSM can't have spiky mauls too?!
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.