Background Image

Thoughts On The Pvp Gameplay Mechanics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Partisan, Oct 25, 2013.

1. I was sitting and thinking... nothing blew up so it worked out fine.

Open world PvP.. The 40k factions are not intended to be balanced on equal terms. 1v1 scenario is BAD. I just don't see there being enough cannon fodder to truly appeal to what people want in 40K. Most of us want to be Heroic units that swathe through the battlefield leaving a trail of blood and gore. So I came up with a concept solution.

What if the entire planet is filled with AI controlled NPC units that are constantly battling it out from point to point. Even if players weren't there there would be a constant sway in the battle as these AI units would battle back and forth. Players would be the Heroic Special Characters that turn the tide and lead the charge.

PvP would be mixed with PvE.. you're leading your fight.. and then you run into "HIM/HER" leading their fight and it's on Baby!!!

You can expand on this however you want but I think this is how it should be.
    Soviatus likes this.
  2. In fact, it should be like Exterminatus in Space Marine on a much larger scale/world with PvP mixed in.
  3. Not possible, There is a reason the likes of Planetside and WW2OL only have player controlled entities. It would put far too much strain both on the engine and on the server.
    Whiskey, Azkaellon and Fireeye like this.
  4. As amazing as that would be, it seems unlikely that they are going to be able to put that kind of raw power without the game suffering Planetside 2 syndrome (unplayable for 80% of the community).
  5. It wouldn't be an issue for the client, just the servers.

6. Mmmhhhh...i'm not convinced: more properly it's going to be a lag-fest!
  7. Inquisitor Soviatus Soviatus Arkhona Vanguard

Then they should borrow the Frostbite 3 engine from EA! There will be no short comings!
  8. As an old Asheron's Call player I would like to see some player skill in movement to avoid blows and strikes. It would suck to just have to press an attack button and sit back with a beer and hope you win.
  9. Mr.Dakka Mr-Dakka Subordinate

Need to have physical bodies, like in WAR.
  10. Dangerisimo Dangerisimo Arkhona Vanguard

There's already going to be an AI element in the game, Tyranids I believe. They basically attack whichever faction is strongest at the time to give the others a chance to catch up.
    Whiskey likes this.