Background Image

Thoughts on the New Twitch Format?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KatieFleming, May 5, 2017.

?

Thoughts on the New Twitch Format?

1. Prefer 1 hour (with gameplay)

2. Prefer 1/2 hour (without gameplay)

3. I want pizza

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Katie Fleming KatieFleming Community Manager

Hey Crusaders,

As you know we recently changed the format of our Twitch shows. Previously we'd go for 1 hour with a production update, gameplay, Q&A then switched to 30 min with a production update and Q&A.

Would appreciate if you let us know what you think of the new format.

Cheers!
  2. I voted for the 1/2 hour with no play.

However I think a 4th option should be added with 1/2 hour QA/Production followed by 1/2 hour of Twitch channel spamming Noah to "just add a button.."
    Unbias3d likes this.
  3. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

I'm about as confused about it as to why this:

Which is an automation, can't be done manually by the players.

But really I think we need more information. What is the new format supposed to be? Half a show? Less questions? Full length GvG commentary? Pre game? Post game? Pizza?
    Overseer, Krayt, Unbias3d and 3 others like this.
  4. I don't understand how anyone could vote for anything other than pizza.
    Overseer and duffmek like this.
  5. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

I like the shows without gameplay because gameplay distracts too much.

But I like pizza too.
    Cyberjankie likes this.
  6. Cabal Trainee CabalTrainee Arkhona Vanguard

I'd rather see you guys do a twitch only every second week. When you actually have stuff to show.
    Plongo, Xeltan, duffmek and 2 others like this.
  7. Azalin Azalin99 Subordinate

Quick question:

Half of the posts in the general forums are "generally" gameplay suggestions but I heard Nathan mention the support site with the "feature addition" area.

Should we be putting all of our suggestions over there or here? Or what? It seems like we've gotten some segmentation without any real understanding of how you all actually operate over there. Who reviews what where? Do you only read our suggestions here? Or do Devs? Or should we be floating ideas over there and direct people to it from the general forums?

Also, to actually answer your question for this post, I would go for a 3rd option of Q&A /Production update and do as many questions as you can. Hour, half hour, it doesn't matter, I watched today's entire stream because there were excellent questions and answers.

Thanks for the Stream!
  8. What you mean is the feature request section: https://eternalcrusade.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200175666-Feature-Requests

Problem here is, a topic can easily be derailed or go under by new topics. Thats the reason why they made feature requests, no discussion there and they can see suggestions way easier.

Regarding Twitch: I liked it, yeah no flashy bling bling stuff but they had alot of time and answered questions, in my opinion thats better. No gameplay was good, i can see gameplay every second if i want but i watch Twitch for content and not for seeing someone else playing.
  9. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Half an hour is certainly better and less time consuming for the viewer.
    Laanshor likes this.
  10. Kurze spunkymonkeySK Subordinate

I liked last nights stream - 1hr and half of questions and Noah going off on one at eldar tanks and buttons!
    So more of that please :D

I don't mind watching the devs get krumped in game but it does tend to distract from the info you are trying to give out.

EDIT - how about a variable format that depends on how much new info you have.
    If you have loads to show or answer then go without the gameplay.
    If your short on info or questions add some gameplay in.
    Change things up now and then to keep things interesting