Background Image

Thoughts on hawks and movement?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Phyrak, Apr 3, 2017.

1. I am more annoyed by the jumping up thing when i want to cross a balcony or small cover.
  2. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

I mean the "small" windows like on the 2nd Floor of A on Pegasus or 2nd Floor of B on Medusa, those windows should be large enough but I can only hit in 1 out of 10 tries :(
  3. Geisto Geisto Cardinal

I'll be honest, I'm shit at JPAs, Raptors, Stormboys.. But with the Hawk I've had the most fun.

Mostly because I get to perch up in neat new places and provide support fire.

And the Haywire grenades are neat too!

Very enjoyable.
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

i think the clinging to walls is to clunky. it seems to almost randomly let go , it never wants to stick on any thing good . infact i've completely given up using this since i end up spazzing out trying to "stick" and just end up falling down.. really why is it that hard to just make me stick to a wall if i press the clinging key
    It should just hold me there until I let go of it ..
    And its not just for the SH. the other jump classes have the same weird issues with the clinging.
  5. Brosephelon Recruit

Those windows arn't too bad imo. Do you do the line up trick I was talking about? generally when I fail its because I came in "too high" and need to nose down some that might also be your issue.
    Don't just try to jump straight in, come in from a distance, line it up, and your good to go very consistently much more so than most traditional JPAs.
  6. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

The problem is that I often just seem to "bang" into the "glass"/a force field when I try :/
    Maybe this would be easier with a bit less lag.
  7. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

You can already traverse most maps in one jump from a good starting point and reach places no one else can because of it. Why make Hawk flying even better? You aren't even melee reliant like the rest of us jumpers.
  8. 3dbocatt 3dferocity Active Member

Having shitty mechanics is not balance. Fix the flight, then you can nerf/adjust as needed.

EDIT: better flight actually means better balance changes because performance is more consistent across skill levels and a larger player base enjoying and playing Hawk
    Niothewarlock likes this.
  9. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

I honestly don't have a clue what you mean by fix the flight, because I play swooping hawks and it's responsive. I have problems with the grenades, but that's more knowing where they're going to land than with the flight itself.
  10. 3dbocatt 3dferocity Active Member

You call having absolutely zero indicator of or accurate control over velocity fine?

Just because it responds to user input doesn't mean it's good.

It'd be nice to have a throttle gauge with definitive speeds. Like full speed is slightly faster than vehicle speed. Half speed is a sprint. Quarter speed is a jog. -1/4 speed is a backwards jog. Voila hawks don't have op speed to cross whole maps instantly, but can't still do carpet bombing and run vehicle interdiction with haywires and reinforce weak flanks without arriving too quickly. And then decrease yaw control with increased speed and return yaw control at lower speeds, letting "jogging" hawks turn almost as fast as jogging ground units.

Also there's no roll and I want to roll to pull sick turns and do barrel rolls. Is that so much to ask.